Monday, April 16, 2018

REVIEW - The Hardest Fall - Ella Maise



TITLE - The Hardest Fall
AUTHOR - Ella Maise




Blurb:


The first time you meet someone, you make eye contact. You smile, say hello. Should be simple, if you’re anyone but me. The first time I met Dylan Reed, I found myself making eye contact with a different part of his body. You see, I’m very good at being shy, not to mention extremely well-versed in rambling nonsense and, unfortunately, rather highly skilled at making a fool of myself in front of a guy I’m attracted to.

At the time, I knew nothing about him and thought none of what I said would matter since I’d never speak to him again. Turns out, I was very wrong. He was the star wide receiver of the football team, one of the few players expected to make it into the NFL, and I ended up seeing him all over campus.
I might have also propositioned him, run away from him, attacked him with a cooking utensil…and…uh, maybe I shouldn’t tell you all of it. It’s pretty normal stuff, things you’d expect…from me. Eventually, the time came when I couldn’t hide anymore—not that he’d have let me even if I tried.
Before now, he never knew I was secretly watching him. Now that we see each other every day, he knows when I have a hard time looking away. It doesn’t help that I’m not the most subtle person in the world either.

He smiles at me and tells me he finds me fascinating because of my quirks. I can’t even tell him that I think my heart beats differently whenever he’s around.

He thinks we’re going to be best friends. I think I have a big thing for him, and the more I get to know him, the more I don’t care that I’m not allowed to be his friend, let alone fall for him.

The thing is, that’s exactly what I’m doing—what we’re doing, I think.

Falling.

Hard.




Johnaka's Review


“Best meet cute, 5 stars”


Zoe is the definition of awkward and I absolutely adored her. Zoe has secrets, big ones and getting involved with a football player is not even something she can entertain. Her heart is too big and from the get go she set herself up for failure. But sometimes life surprises you and Zoe is about to get much more than she bargained for.

Dylan is sweet, funny, loyal, and a one-woman kind of man. Zoe intrigued him the first time they met, but she ran before he could get her name. When life finally puts them together and keeps them there he’s not about to let the opportunity sleep. He wants Zoe and when he wants something he gives it his all. But the question is, will Dylan let Zoe share her secrets or will he make assumptions?

I loved these two solo and together. I loved the secondary characters we got to know and cannot wait to see if Maise does anything story wise for them. I wanted to read The Hardest Fall because I loved the cover and knew Maise can write a solid story and I wasn’t disappointed, if anything the story surpassed all my expectations. If you one-click you won’t regret it.

Star Ratings:
Plot-5/5
Characters-5/5
Heat-5/5
Writing style-5/5
Overall-5/5


No comments:

Post a Comment