Tuesday, April 10, 2018

REVIEW - Dex - Stephanie Witter



25815466


Title: Dex
Series: Kinky Shine Book 1
Author: Stephanie Witter


Blurb:

She succeeded in making him feel like a man. A normal functioning man when he hadn’t felt that way in years. 


"Who're you f*cking?"



When my father, manager of the worldwide phenomenon Kinky Shine, asked me to come and help the band members appear more approachable I never thought my first meeting with Dex Bowers would start with such a question. 



Immediately, I wanted to strangle him, wipe the smirk off his face and force him to mutter more than three words. 



But there's something mysterious about him that was electrifying and the more he pushed me away and angered me, the more I wanted to know him and push through his hangups.



"Trust. That f*cking trust thing didn't come easily to me."



In the five years since my band became famous, not once had I been photographed with a woman. I knew it fed the supposed mystery surrounding me, but the real truth was far more humiliating than I was comfortable with. 



That was until Harley Floyd walked in and I was left with a mind numbing lust for her that scared me shitless. It should be easy to let go and trust her just enough to have fun, to be happy I could finally come up with new material for our next album. But nothing was easy and with a life made of sex, drugs, and rock n' roll I wasn't sure if anything could last. Not even my band.



"What twenty-five year old was f*cking lost when his cock was rock hard when close to a gorgeous woman?  One answer to that; a man who hadn’t had sex in a really long time."



For readers over 18 only.




Our Review:

What an interesting take on a Rockstar! Dex is an amazing book. This story blew my mind. I was not expecting what this author gave me. This book has drama and romance, but more so it has this secret that changes the game for me. Man I couldn’t get enough of this book.

I didn’t read the blurb for this book prior to reading it so I wasn’t sure what to expect from it. Was it going to be a typical Rockstar romance? Was it going to be a new and fresh outlook? I am happy to say while aspects of this book are familiar in the Rockstar world, this plot was a fresh and unique outlook on the Rockstar life. I think often we forget that celebrities are just human beings.

Harley is such a sweet girl. I loved her character. While she is strong and independent, she also has this heart that is made of gold. I loved watching her stand up for herself and put her foot down. She has some soul searching to do in this book to find out what she needs for herself. Dex is a jerk. A big ol’ jerk who is as moody as a teenage girl. With that being said, as you dive into the story you find that Dex has more to him than just the outward personality that he exudes towards others. He has his own soul searching to do.

The heat between these two is unique. They have the typical attraction to each other. Their interactions with each other are different though. I loved watching these two together. They had a chemistry that could be felt by the reader and other characters within the book. There is just one thing holding them back. Would they be able to move past that?

The pace of this book is steady. I loved all the aspects of the Rockstar life included in this book. I felt that the lifestyle was authentic. I also love how the author was able to set up future books by giving us enough of the minor characters to make us crave more. We feel like we have to find out what happens with each member of the band. The author made us feel invested.

Overall, this is a wonderful book. I have taken a break from musician books because I was burnt out, but this book helped me jump back in. I could see myself wanting one of these men and wishing I could be their rock in their crazy life. The author made me want to continue to follow these guys on their journey. I would recommend this book to others.

Star Ratings:
Plot: 5/5
Characters: 5/5
Heat: 5/5
Writing Style: 5/5
Overall: 5/5


No comments:

Post a Comment