Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Review Tour - Mister Uno - Belle Brooks


Title: Mister Uno
Series: Mister, Mister Series #1
Author: Belle Brooks
Genre: Romantic Comedy- Humor - Contemporary Romance
Published: January 25, 2019







Twenty-five-year-old Anthea Links is a columnist for Rogue magazine. The job she loves is on the line when she’s faced with writer’s block and given a deadline she knows she can’t meet—that’s until her best friend, Pip, comes up with the perfect idea.
Anthea never says no to a dare, and this one is so perfect it will solve all of her problems.
Twelve men.
Twelve months.
Twelve articles.
But there’s a catch: Anthea can’t know the real names of the men she dates, and she must only refer to them by a Spanish number.
Mister Uno is unsuspecting victim number one. He’s domineering, alluring, wealthy, and a surprise packet Anthea never imagined.
Will Anthea be able to hide her identity from each gentleman suitor?
Will she complete the dare and keep her job?
And will she do it without falling in love?









Decent novella. Mister Uno is part one in a twelve part series. I believe they will all be novellas like book one, but I cannot be sure. This book was okay, but didn’t really blow my hair back. The book is short and sweet and easy to read.

The plot of this book was so promising. Reading the blurb, I really thought I was going to love this book. The book wasn’t terrible, but I felt the blurb misrepresented it a bit. While I read the entire book, I was not satisfied with the ending.

Anthea is an interesting character. I like her conviction to follow a story through. I really liked her personality. Mister Uno was interesting as well. I was intrigued by his character and wanting to know more about him. I just don’t think there was enough story to sell me on him though.

There was some heat in this novella, but not an overwhelming amount. The chemistry between the characters was there, but muted. I liked the flirting between the characters. 

The writing style of the story is good. It was easy to read. The pace of the book was fast, but I expect that from a novella. The story is told from a dual point of view. I liked some of the minor characters as well.

Overall, this is a novella so expect the pace of the story to be accelerated. While this book was written well, it just did not fit what I would normally enjoy. I can see this series developing in the future, but for me, I don’t think I will continue to follow it.

Star Ratings:
Plot: 3/5
Characters: 4/5
Heat: 3/5
Writing Style: 4/5
Overall: 3/5


Born in Australia, Belle Brooks has always had a passion for books and creative writing. She loves exploring the different ways stories can be told through the use of text and in-depth characters. Since she was a child her strong talent and interest in creative writing was evident, explaining that her favourite class in school was English. Despite her love for all things books, she decided the world of advertising and marketing was where she could put her talents to use in the business realm, well that is until now. Belle enjoys creative writing and creating fictional stories that leave a valued message inside the pages.



HOSTED BY:

No comments:

Post a Comment