Monday, August 4, 2014

Review - One Night Promised (The One Night Trilogy #1) - Jodi Ellen Malpas


Well, again another captivating story from the amazingly talented Jodi Ellen Malpas.
Yes, following This Man trilogy was going to be hard. That series is one of my favourites and I must admit I was nervous to see if One Night Promised could live up to that. I need not of worried, this was perfect. Not a single dull paragraph.
Right from the first page, I fell into the same trance I did when reading This Man. It has the trademark feel of JEM's writing style, captivating and beautiful yet honest and real. Livy and 'M' are just as addictive characters as any others. I still get the goosebumps feeling with 'M' as I did with Jesse.
The story is again unique and I was totally hooked right from the start. It kept up the pace and intensity throughout, which considering these are never short books, that is pretty impressive. Another trademark is all the little secrets that spill out and make my mouth drop wide open, to catch flies. This didn't disappoint, there was plenty of shocking and impressive secrets to keep me going.
The ending was a complete shocker, but I do love that!! Plus, now I'm absolutely dying to read the next book in the series. A fantastic first book in this new and exciting series to rival This Man.

**Just a short review, everybody who loves JEM will read this regardless**          

No comments:

Post a Comment