Monday, February 5, 2018

REVIEW - The Baby Maker - Lili Valente



TITLE - The Baby Maker
AUTHOR - Lili Valente










Blurb:

This sexy Standalone romance will make you laugh, swoon, and blush baby-makin' red! 

Some men are troublemakers or dealmakers. 
The men in my family? We're baby makers.
For six generations, the women of wine country have had a saying: don't bang a Hunter man unless you want a bun in your oven.

Yeah, well. I've got a saying too: no thanks. The last thing I need is baby makes three. My business is expanding and the only thing I'm interested in getting knocked up is my bottom line.

But then one night Emma Haverford makes me an offer I can't refuse--she backs away from the land I have my eye on in exchange for a favor...

A big, fat, baby making favor...

******

When I hear women have gotten pregnant shaking hands with Hunter men, I know I need Dylan Hunter's...ahem, special skills...way more than I need to expand my vineyard.

I'm ready to give my heart to a child and I'm tired of waiting for my late-to-the-party Prince Charming to make my dreams come true. So I promise Dylan--three months of hot, heavy, baby-making s-e-x and then I'm out of his hair forever.

But what if when it comes time to say good-bye, all I want to do is keep bottling up more memories with this big-hearted man?

Heat level: A risk of getting knocked up during download. Paperback and audio versions are especially dangerous. Handle with care...



Jennifer's Review:


The Baby Maker was exactly what I wanted! Seriously! The blurb proposed such a wonderfully interesting story and it did not disappoint. Emma was everything I was hoping her character would be. Then you have Dylan, the hunk next door. Get me a fan ladies! This book has an agreement between sorta friends and a lot of fun in between the sheets. Hold on, this is bound to be a bumpy ride.

The plot of this story intrigued me from the moment I read the blurb. I mean I laughed reading the blurb which means the book has to be humorous right? Well I was right. This book has everything you want in a romantic comedy. You have a feisty female and a strong alpha male. You also have plenty of situations for them to cause a ruckus. 

Emma is a hoot. I knew I liked her from the very first chapter I read from her point of view. She is kind and endearing, but she also has a bit of a feisty side to her. Add in her ginormous balls, and you have a girl I would die to be friends with. Then we have Dylan. He is a grumpy guy, but he is also sexy as sin. His main focus is on one thing, keeping his family together and making them proud. They each have something the other wants. Is this a match made in heaven or is it just meant to burn?

The chemistry in this book is off the charts. These two characters are very open and honest, which is refreshing. I also love how they know what they want and they each just go and get it. No backing down due to nerves. I love two strong people willing to stand up for what they believe. These characters were some of my favorites to read.

The writing style in this book is good. The pace is steady. The plot is believable. I really enjoyed how the author was able to make me feel like I was a part of the story. For example, I felt like I fell right down in the mud with Emma. Once you read, you will understand that part. My face heated with embarrassment for her. I cannot wait to read the next book.

Overall, I enjoyed this book. This book is the perfect light hearted book to read on a cold, rainy day. It has humour and romance, with just enough conflict to make one feel satisfied. What I love most is that there is a wealth of characters waiting for their very own happy ending. That means the possibilities with this series is limitless. I cannot wait to come back and see them again.

Star Ratings:
Plot: 5/5
Characters: 5/5
Heat: 5/5
Writing Style: 5/5
Overall: 5/5




No comments:

Post a Comment