Tuesday, February 6, 2018

REVIEW - Born, Madly (Darkly, Madly Duet #2) - Trisha Wolfe







TITLE - Born, Madly (Darkly, Madly Duet #2)

AUTHOR - Trisha Wolfe


Live Links:




Blurb:


Duet: a performance by two.

But who is acting, and who is devolving?

A buried past is unearthed, and Grayson Sullivan—AKA The Angel of Maine—retaliates against the system who made him, deploying psychological warfare on the woman who initially set him free. Dr. London Noble probes deep into the mind of the killer she’s fallen for, searching for answers, as a copycat killer threatens their unity. Are they partners, lovers, or enemies? One final trap will reveal all.






Louise's Review:


There really isn't many books that I have been waiting for lately, I can probably count them on one hand. This book was always firmly at the top of the list. I absolutely fell in love with the story and characters in Born, Darkly. Everything about it screamed out to me, so when it ended very precariously I was desperate to get to this book. 


Now obviously if you haven't read Born, Darkly you need to hot foot it over to that one straight away, it has everything to set the story and the characters. Without reading it first, it's all pretty pointless. So back on to Born, Madly. Totally different pace in my opinion. Follows straight on from the ending of the first book, but then takes a bit of a different turn. We are now finding out what the bigger game plan is for London and Grayson. But this time, there is a lot more for them to deal with, and I mean A LOT. 

Born, Madly is a book with a lot of info jam packed in. The story is full on compelling, far more thriller-esque and you need to pay a lot more attention to the little details. It's what I call a brain book. No point reading this book if you don't like to use your brain, and have to work out who and what. Now of course it's not all details and drama, there is some more of the intense heat that we found in book 1, and this time it's just as hot if not HOTTER! We also have more of the signature darkness to the scenes, which I also love. Maybe not quite as much as I hoped for, but still plenty to keep me going. 

But what I loved most was that it was such a clever story. The genius gone into this story is quite astounding. I love it when I finish a book and think 'wow, that was a brain blower' and this really was. It completely makes your brain hurt, with just how cleverly it was all thought out and put together. I absolutely love it. 

I'm sad it's come to an end, but at the same time I'm glad we have reached the end of Grayson and London's story, and I'm completely satisfied with how it ended. I loved it. A sheer brilliant, darkly twisted love story in my opinion. 5 stars. 






No comments:

Post a Comment