Monday, February 19, 2018

REVIEW - Menace - Laramie Briscoe



TITLE - Menace

AUTHOR - Laramie Briscoe




Released March 9th


Blurb:


Mason “Menace” Harrison

“Single and ready to mingle……”

Those are the words above every picture of almost every female that strikes my interest on this dating app my son talked me into getting. After being a single dad for seventeen years, I’m ready to spread my wings, just not with most of the co-eds who keep hitting on me and calling me daddy.

Now that Caleb’s in his Senior year of high school, I feel like I can let go of the iron-clad control I’ve had on myself without his Mom in our lives. I’ve enjoyed raising him, love the relationship we have, and while he went off the rails for a bit last year, we’re closer than we’ve ever been. He’s got a full ride to the University of Alabama, and I’ve settled into my spot with the Moonshine Task Force.

But my son doesn’t warm my bed, he isn’t someone I can share my dreams with, and he’s not the person I want to grow old with by my side. I’m not sure who that is yet, but the smokin’ hot lady going by the name BeachBum83 definitely has every single bit of my interest.

Karina Holland

“Looking for a good time, maybe more…..”

Those were the lamest words I ever typed in my life, but it was the best I had for the dating app my friend, Violet talked me into joining. I didn’t have any high hopes for myself. As a High School English teacher, I’m sick of pervy Dad’s hitting on me when they come in to discuss their child’s lack of motivation to read the classics and apply themselves.

Until the day Mason Harrison walks into my classroom. I had no idea Caleb’s Dad was the man I met off that dating app who showed me how flexible I really am in the back of his Jeep. Within minutes of the parent/teacher conference he proved the sparks weren’t one-time only when we christened my desk.

Mason and Caleb? They touch a part of my heart that no one’s ever touched before, and when a threat from the past shows up, I prove just how tough I really am. 



Jennifer's Review:


I am crying right now!!!! Not only because this is an end to an amazing series, but also because this book is so emotional. Menace is the final book of the Moonshine Taskforce Series, or at least that’s the way it seems right now. Menace follows Mason, another member of the team and also the only single member. We have met Menace in all the others books so I was super excited to read about him. This book can be read as a standalone, but I suggest you read the entire series to get the full effect. While the main plot is centered around the main characters, there is also a minor plot that has been spanning the series.

Mason is the single dad of the taskforce. We watch as his son grows up in the eyes of the rest of the taskforce and some of the issues he has had to deal with. This book is his possibility at his own happy ending. The plot of this book is entering the dating scene after being out of it for so long. So much has changed since the last time Mason dated, especially since he was in his teens then. Now, with his son turning 18, he decides to put himself back out there. Will he find true love or just a bunch of duds?

The main characters in this book are perfect. Mason is such a devoted dad. That is so attractive in a man. Your children should always come first. He also has a harder, alpha side as well. He is the perfect mix for a man. Then you have Karina. She is a little minx. She is a sweet school teacher with a wild side she hides. She has her own past she is trying to move on from. I liked watching these two go on a journey together.

The heat between these two is off the charts. From the very first chapter, these two are melting panties all over the world. I was not expecting action like that so soon. I loved how this jump started what would be a whirlwind romance. With passion this hot though, will they get burned? You will have to read to find out.

The writing style of this book is nice. It is told in dual point of view so we get to see each characters perspective. The steady is pace as well. I also love the main conflict in this book. Often times I am looking for some type of relationship issue to pop up, but in this book the conflict is different. That makes this book unique. The only complaint I have is I felt the ending was a bit rushed.

Overall, this book made me laugh, cry, and want to throw things. My heart stopped at times while other times I was reading at such a fast pace because I couldn’t wait to get more. This was the perfect ending to this series and I look forward to reading more from this author. I would recommend this series to others.


Star Ratings:
Plot: 5/5
Characters: 5/5
Heat: 5/5
Writing Style: 4.5/5
Overall: 4.5/5




No comments:

Post a Comment