Sunday, February 18, 2018

REVIEW - Demon Escape - MJ Haag





TITLE - Demon Escape

AUTHOR - M.J. Haag







Released Feb 27th






Blurb:



Eden Terry survived the first ring of hell only to end up in the second one. 

With nothing but a trowel and her wits, she's determined to escape the work camp holding her prisoner. She dreams of finding a safe haven and living in the new, devastated world on her own. 

However, surviving alone after she escapes proves more difficult than she ever imagines. While running from zombies and hellhounds, a new creature emerges. This one isn't after her blood. He wants much more. 

Eden must decide who the real devils are between man and demon. Choosing wrong could cost her life; choosing correctly could lead her to the haven she's been searching for. 




Jennifer's Review:



SHE’S DONE IT AGAIN! Seriously. Can this author get any better? Demon Escape is another thrilling story in the world of the Resurrection Chronicles. This story is another glimpse of the new world MJ and Becca created. While I was partially sad to hear that Becca would not be collaborating on this book, I was overjoyed with the result. This book feels much like the rest with it’s own unique tale to tell.

The plot of this book is unique on it’s own. Yes there is still that underlying romance in the book, but this story follows another survivor. Eden survived the beginning of the end of the world and ended up in a place that was not pleasant. I liked how this book showed how things had ended up and what it was like to survive the entire thing without assistance from our wonderful main males. I feel like this was a needed point of view in this series. 
Eden is such a strong character. I love how smart and resilient she is. There were many times I was like “Go girl. You got this.” I feel like she made many smart decisions for herself, even if I was sitting back going just trust this person already. It felt authentic to the character because lord knows if I am in the similar situation, I would not be handing out my trust like candy. Then you have Ghua. I liked him in the first books. I feel he got a bad rap for some of his actions, but like most, I feel he was just misunderstood. This is an entirely new world, and learning more about Ghua and his actions just made me love him more.
Just in case you forgot, this is an adult book with some adult situations. With that being said, Oh holy hell the heat was dialed up in this book. All I can say is that these two were panty melting worthy. They were also funny as all heck. Just wait until you read and you find out about all the funny banter between Eden and Ghua. You will appreciate this part of the book more. 
The writing style is flawless. I got so lost in the book that I had no opportunity to even notice anything else about the book. I just devoured it front to back in one sitting. The pace of the book is fast, but in a good way. It is exactly what you would expect from a post-apocalyptic world. I just really hope the author continues on because I am DYING to know more about these guys and watch them find their forever one. 
Overall, I really enjoyed this book. I am just sitting back and thinking it will be too long until I can get another glimpse into this world. Like seriously. I need more NOW! Alas, I will have to sit back and reread the others until the new one is released. If you hadn’t figured it out yet, I would recommend this book to others and think you are crazy if you haven’t picked up this series and gave it a whirl.


Star Ratings:
Plot: 5/5
Characters:5/5
Heat: 5/5
Writing Style: 5/5
Overall: 5/5



No comments:

Post a Comment