Monday, February 12, 2018

REVIEW - The Pilot & The Puck-up - Pippa Grant

36477762

TITLE - The Pilot & the Puck-Up
AUTHOR - Pippa Grant







Blurb:


When you’re named after the king of the gods, the world expects certain things of you.

Tough? Damn right.

Smart? Don’t let the hockey uniform fool you.

Large and in charge? Honey, I’m the biggest, baddest, mother pucking-est machine to ever own the ice. I shoot. I score. In and out of the rink. I don’t come early, but I come often, if you know what I mean. And I always leave the ladies wanting more.

Until that chick last night.

I’m no one-thrust wonder, and you’re damn right I’m going to prove to her I can do better. But every time I think I’m finally on my way back into her pants, she one-ups and out-balls me.

I should cut my losses, lick my wounds, and walk away.

But Zeus Berger doesn’t walk away from anything.

Especially when she's the only woman in the world who might be able to handle me.

The Pilot and the Puck-Up is a standalone romantic comedy featuring a hockey player whose ego is the only thing bigger than his shoe size, the most badass woman to ever fly a plane, rubber chockey (don't ask), and no cheating or cliffhangers.

Johnaka's Review:


“the BA and the gentle giant, 3 stars”

Zeus is one big mofo but graceful on ice. He loves his family and loves the game of hockey but people don’t see much more than that when they look at him. That is until he meets Joey aka Fireball. He thinks instantly that if one woman is going to give him a chance, a true chance its going to be her. The question is can he break down her walls?
Joey is used to order and people falling in line. She’s a no-nonsense kind of woman but somehow Zeus worms his way in. Can the hard-headed pilot give up a little control and fall for the man who wants her? What happens when change is on the horizon will she let it happen or fight it?
I genuinely liked the characters in this story. They were funny and make you smile. But for some reason I couldn’t connect with the story and fall into it like I usually do. Thus, the reason for the 3 stars, even with that said I recommend you give it a try if you love a story with two hard headed people and a little hockey.



Star Ratings:

Plot-3/5
Characters-3/5
Heat-3/5
Writing style-3/5
Overall-3/5


No comments:

Post a Comment