Tuesday, February 27, 2018

REVIEW - Every Breath You Take - JE Parker



TITLE - Every Breath You Take
AUTHOR - JE Taylor 






Blurb:


Two damaged souls. One last shot at salvation.

-Shelby-
I’m a single mom with a past as hideous as the scars marring my flesh.
I’ve endured a life of pain, escaped the clutches of a sadistic monster, and survived hell.
Because of my past, the walls surrounding my heart are strong.
Impenetrable.
Yet every time Anthony speaks my name, I feel them begin to crumble. 
With just one look, he makes me want things I can’t have.
Things like a father for my son and a husband for myself.
With the monster from my past closing in, I try to push him away.
But my heart and soul cry for me to pull him closer.
Falling for him is probably a big mistake.
Still, I can’t help but think it may be the sweetest mistake I’ll ever make.

-Anthony-
One word to describe Shelby? Perfect.
As a homicide detective, I’m constantly surrounded by darkness.
But that all changed when her eyes met mine for the first time.
In less than a second, she became my light.
My hope.
My purpose.
And come hell or high water, I’m determined to keep her and her son close.
Terrified of a looming threat from her past, she tries her best to push me away.
But no matter how hard she pushes, I’m not going anywhere.
I don’t care what she’s running from, far as I’m concerned, her fate is sealed.
Both Shelby and her son are mine.

*Every Breath You Take is a standalone, 123k word novel*


Warning: This book contains dark themes that may be disturbing for some readers.




Johnaka's Review:


“Suspense and romance, 5 stars”

Let me just start off by saying Parker is a new to me author. Never heard of her until I read the blurb for Every Breath You Take and wanted to know more. I am thoroughly glad that I took the chance. Parker wove a tale that drew me in and kept me engaged throughout the story.

Anthony has been lost and kind of floating for a while now. He loves his job but has nothing and no one to keep him grounded. The moment he sees Shelby that all changes. His need to make her his was strong. Anthony was the best kind of alpha, he knew when to push and when to pull back in regards to Shelby. And it wasn’t just Shelby he was instantly drawn to but Lucca.

Shelby is a fighter. Her life hasn’t been easy, but she’s working to make it better for her and her son. She has no time for a man, but for some reason she can’t stay away from Anthony. Together they are explosive, but will her past keep her from getting her happily ever after?

These two were perfect for each other. I loved Shelby’s tribe of people she had surrounding her and how they questioned Anthony before bringing him into the fold. When trouble arises they all stand for the occasion and it was beautiful. I will definitely be checking out Parker in the future.


Star Ratings:
Plot-5/5
Characters-5/5
Heat-5/5
Writing style-5/5
Overall-5/5




No comments:

Post a Comment