Monday, February 12, 2018

REVIEW - Secret Lucidity - E.K. Blair

33539943


Title: Secret Lucidity
Author: E.K Blair



Blurb:

(A forbidden romance stand-alone.)

This wasn’t supposed to happen. 
But it did.
This wasn’t supposed to be my life. 
But it was.

I was just a typical girl, living a typical life. Nothing was out of the ordinary until tragedy threw me into a turnstile I couldn’t see my way out of. That was, until him.

I never could’ve imagined my heart falling the way it did. Hard, fast, and with unbounding beauty. 

The only problem? 
He was off limits. 
Forbidden. 

But he became my everything, and I became his, so we risked it all. It was only a matter of time until I realized that our risk came with unimaginable consequences. 

My name is Camellia Hale and his is David Andrews, and this is our love story.


Our Review:

“You cannot help who you love, 4 stars”

David knows pain and heartache. It made him start over once and once again because of it he is. He took off from home once and now he’s back and trying to start over. What he didn’t expect was Cam. Together they will heal but will they be able to be together?
Secret Lucidity is really about Cam. You watch her world crumble all around her and the only one to really stick is David. He sees past the front she puts up and knows what’s going on behind closed doors, gives her a safe place to rest her soul. Only they shouldn’t be together, life is standing in the way and people wouldn’t understand. David’s Cams coach and teacher and she’s only seventeen. Will their secret come out? Do they have the kind of love that withstands time or are they simply finding solace in each other?
I really did enjoy Secret Lucidity. I love the forbidden student/teacher romance. The only reason I’m rating it as a four is because I wanted more out of the end. Other than that, it was a homerun. Not only does Secret Lucidity have an age gap romance but there is also death, pain, and self-harm in this story so if your anti any of that don’t one-click. But if you can handle it you should one-click, Blair did this story very well for a story with so many taboos packed in.


Star Ratings:
Plot - 5/5
Characters - 4/5
Heat - 4/5
Writing style - 4/5
Overall - 4/5


No comments:

Post a Comment