Tuesday, October 6, 2015

REVIEW - Totally Rocked - KE Osborn


TITLE - Totally Rocked?

(The Next Generation Series #3)

AUTHOR - KE Osborn





Synopsis:


Being the adopted daughter of the world’s most famous rock star, Colter Slade has its perks. A rich lifestyle, designer clothes, enough money to buy all the pretty things you desire. But does being Daddy’s little princess mean you’re satisfied with your life? 

Ella Slade has it all, she has her own band, the right friends and family supporting her as she grows into this crazy world of paparazzi, minion fans and the crazy hype that constantly surrounds her family. But what Ella craves goes much deeper than superstardom. Ella loves the limelight, she always has, and with her best friend Chad by her side anything is possible. 

Her band Staked goes on tour and her world is thrown into chaos when she meets the handsome and mysterious Danger, the lead singer from the backing band Recoil. 

Ella is taken on a whirlwind of emotions on the roller coaster of life as she embarks on a journey of self-discovery. How do you choose between the safe life you've known all along and something far more dangerous? She must decide who to turn to - the one that's been there all along - or the new Danger that threatens to turn her world on its axis.


Who will she choose, Danger or Chad? Was there ever really a choice to be made?



My Review:



Totally Rocked is the third book in the Next Generation series that follows the band members Staked. This book can be read as a standalone, but my suggestion is to read all the books in order so that parts of the following books make sense. There is also a series called Rock Gods that follow the parents of the characters represented in this series. I have not read that series and cannot comment on whether or not it would enhance this series by reading that one first.

This book spans from childhood to adult life and has many time jumps. This is the third book in the series that I have read and the time jumps bother me less than they did in the first book. I also just noticed that in each book, the author provides a diagram of characters and how they are related along with some slang terms explained. I think this is genius as it helps the reader have a reference to look at if they get confused.

Totally Rocked follows Ella, the adopted daughter of a famous musician. If you read the first book, you also know that Ella has a sister named Annie who is adopted as well. Since I read the other books in the series, I could not wait for Ella’s story. Since these books all start from childhood, we are able to see the characters grow, which is true for Ella. I think that Ella’s story is about her trying to figure out who she and trying to see where she fits in life.

The author's writing style has grown on me. During the first book, I thought it was okay, but became confused. During the second book, I realized I really liked it. That has not changed. I like the way the book spans over a long period of time. I also like the alternative povs during the book. I like getting to know the other characters and watching them all grow up. I think this gives readers a real stake in the book because they want to see this child bloom into a beautiful young woman. I was rooting for Ella as I watched her grow and mature page after page.

Oh and I loved the love triangle. This was hinted at in the previous books, which made me anxious to read Ella’s story. Will she choose the childhood friend or the bad boy rock star? I love the way the author chose this plot and how it changed Ella and allowed her to grow and make decisions on her own. I think that parents often times try to be overprotective to their children, but Ella is the daughter of a rock star and I think that she needed to step out and grow on her own. We are able to see this happen in her story.

Overall, I loved this book. I was not disappointed at all, which is big for me to say because often times when I look forward to reading a book so much, there is usually something that disappoints me. I would 100% recommend this book and the whole series to friends and family. I will also end up buying this series for myself. Thank you K. E. Osborn for the opportunity to read this wonderful story.

Quotes:

“The name is Danger because it suits me. We all have a little danger inside of us, don’t we, sugar?” Danger, Totally Rocked

“I’ll be the clown to your knight.” Chad, Totally Rocked 



Star Ratings:


Plot = 5/5
Characters = 5/5
Heat = 5/5
Writing Style = 5/5
Overall Rating = 5/5





CLICK COVER TO PURCHASE:



No comments:

Post a Comment