Friday, October 16, 2015

Seraphim Question Time with Gen Ryan



Seraphim Question Time With Gen Ryan




Author Bio

Genevieve (Gen) Ryan lives in Western Massachusetts, and she is a Professor by day and a writer by night. When she isn’t writing or drinking copious amount of wine, coffee, and indulging in dark chocolate and cheese, she is curled up with a good book, often devouring it in a single sitting. 

A love for theater, music and reading keep her grounded and her creative juices flowing. Many of her stories are written with a soundtrack in her head- and she even includes some of this soundtrack in her books. Gen loves hearing from people who have enjoyed (or not enjoyed) her writings and ramblings, so reach out to her on Facebook and share your thoughts.

********


Describe yourself in 3 words.
Spirited, Sarcastic and Romantic


If you could have written any book which book would it be and why?
The Silence of The Lambs by Thomas HarrisThis book is what started my love for Psychology and my eventual shift into the field of Forensic Psychology (I was originally going into Law), and my love for the FBI. It also set the stage for the field of Forensic Psychology, which has paved the way for me to have a job today. 


Who is your favourite of your own characters (either already written or still in your head) and why?
Liam O'Leary. He is definitely an underdog, tormented and struggles deeply with his issues. I wrote Beautiful Masterpiece from a shifting POV, primarily Madison and Liam. I REALLY got into their heads and felt everything that they felt. I love him so much.<3
This being my first novel, Liam will always hold a special place in my heart even all the broken, messed up pieces of him.



Best book you have read so far this year?
It Ain't Me, Babe (Hades Hangmen Book 1) by Tillie Cole.
This isn't my usual read, but I LOVED this series by Tillie Cole. I read this in between editing my book and it just had all the elements I love. A bad boy, romance and a phenomenal love story that has to do with real life issues.

My favorite book of all time is To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee. It was one of the first books I read in Literature class that started my entire obsession with reading and writing. It hasn't stopped since.



Are there any other authors who inspire you?
Any author at all. Anyone who writes and shares their stories with the world is an inspiration to me. Beautiful Masterpiece is my first novel and to be honest, I went through varying stages throughout the process. Happiness, Sadness, Scared...total freak out. It is scary sharing what you have written with other people. That is why any writer who has the guts and confidence to share their stories, I salute you!. 


Favourite thing that's been said about one of your books?
"Omg! I'm a sobbing mess!"

I know, being happy about someones tears isn't a noble trait, but I wrote this book from the depths of my heart, hoping to pry emotion out of ever reader! The fact that I received this review made my heart leap! I felt like I did it-even if I touched just one reader.



What does the next twelve months look like in your book world?
Well, I am wrapping up the second book in the Thin Red Lines Series! It will be from Avery Grant's perspective but all the other characters will be making an appearance (of course)!
I am hoping to have that out by March/April 2016 (don't hold me to this!) Perhaps a novella in this series as well.

I just got invited to my first book tour/singing in July 2016- Writers on the River in IL and accepted! I am super excited about that. I feel it will be great exposure and I will get to meet some of the awesome authors and reviewers who have helped me with a Beautiful Masterpiece.

I have a few others book ideas jotted down that I am intend on starting at some point. I am the type of author that can only work on one book at a time though so it will be a while before those stories are heard.



Who is your current book boyfriend and who is your all time, old faithful, go to book boyfriend?
I just finished One More Day by M. Malone. I don't usually do contemporary romance but Jackson Alexander was a sweet heart and I am a huge music lover! Who doesn't love a musician? Old faithful book boyfriend, I would say Eric Northman from the Sookie Stackhouse series. He was the first "bad boy" I fell for. And now, I find myself radiating towards those types! Motorcycle gang members, tattoos, Fighters-totally swoon worthy in my book! 


If you were stuck on an island with just one paperback book, which book would it be? Karin Marie Moning: Darkfever (Currently reading this now and can't put it down!) It'd have to come with me because I'd probably die of withdrawals.
 

Favorite line from a book.
"What I need is the dandelion in the spring. The bright yellow that means rebirth instead of destruction. The promise that life can go on, no matter how bad our losses. That it can be good again."

Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins.



What's your go to karaoke song?
Cups (Your going to miss me when I'm gone) Who doesn't love Pitch Perfect?!

But, shhh, I've never gone and sung karaoke before! This is blasphemy considering I was a theater major! 



You've opened up your wardrobe and your clothes aren't there, instead it's your dream world! You walk through, what's the first thing you see?
All 50's inspired clothes and shoes!


Is there a particular genre, maybe outside your comfort zone that you would like to write?
Paranormal Romance. I could never write this genre but I love vampires, and shifters and fairies and...oh I could go on forever....




What words do you love to use, and see in books, and what words do you hate to use / see?
I love to use and see words that express emotion. I hate it when an author is just like "I love him". Explain it. What does the love make them feel? Emotions are different for everyone, especially love, and I enjoy describing those feelings!


If you had one superpower, what would it be?
Yikes, this is a hard one..But I'd say healing powers. Wouldn't it be awesome to just touch someone and make them feel better? 


Who is your absolute favourite man candy?




















He is the reason I am obsessed with vampires!

Alexander Skarsgard AKA Eric Northman from True Blood!!!



What book is your #BookZero? That one book you've read and re read, and know you will re read it again?
The Hunger games series by Suzanne Collins. 


If you didn't write books, what would you be doing?
Teaching! I am a college Professor by day and love it! But in all honesty, I probably would be fighting crime. I have always dreamed of working for the FBI and kicking major butt!


There is a massive awards ceremony for authors both trad published and indie. Its a big shindig and everyone is there. In a room full of these incredible people. Who is the author that makes you mush and you totally fangirl over them?
EL James.
I know, cliche, but her books have set the stage and opened doors for many authors who had "naughty" ideas and unique plots rummaging through their heads. She has given women authors especially, courage to share their stories! I just want to give her a big hug and say thanks!



Anything you would like to say? 
I want to thank SBR for taking the time to read my book and write a review. It is wonderful ladies/blog/reviewers like you that help authors like me make it! xoxo.

Please go and like my FB page to keep up to date on any promotions and giveaways!

https://www.facebook.com/genryanauthor





Thank You for Joining us Gen! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment