Sunday, July 15, 2018

REVIEW - Blind Love - Kelly Elliott





TITLE - Blind Love 
AUTHOR - Kelly Elliott





Blurb:



Harley and I had our whole lives planned out, until her plans changed, and those plans didn’t include me.

After years spent trying to get the love of my life out of my head and repair my too-damaged heart, I thought I was finally moving on…but life sure has a funny way of letting you know when those best-laid plans are about to be turned upside down.

My entire world was rocked when Harley unexpectedly moved back to Oak Springs. Every miserable moment I’d spent trying to get over her and every hour I’d wasted trying to erase her from my life came back to haunt me the minute she walked into my office, fear in her eyes, and asked me for help. Would I…or better yet, could I walk away from her this time after all that she had put me through?

What I really needed to know is would I be able to forge ahead with the future I had so meticulously planned—one that didn’t include Harley—or will her return finally open my eyes to a future full of endless possibilities?



Johnaka's Review:


“Second chances, 5 stars”



If you’ve read any of the Cowboys & Angels books that come before Blind Love, then you know who Tripp and Harley are. If you haven’t and this is your fist taste of the series, fear not, it’s a standalone. But the other books are awesome, so you should probably read them in order to get a true feeling for this family. If your anything like me you will fall in love with this family and be jonsing for the next book in the series by the time you hit those two magical words, the end.

Tripp is kind of like the town golden boy. He’s a lawyer, he cares, he helps out those around him, he’s overall a good guy. Tripp’s just that kind of guy but now that he’s tossed his name into the ring to become Mayor it really matters. Now that Harley is back in town he’s finding himself having a hard time holding himself in a presentable manner around her. Then there is the fact he has a girlfriend, or does he? What will happen when the truth about Harley leaving all those years ago comes forward? Will they finally let the past lay where it belongs, or will they start over?

Harley has always loved Tripp and they had a plan, but life as young adults in the way. Harley left Tripp behind, but never told anyone why. Now she’s back and she’s not giving up on finally explaining why. No more running, no more hiding. But what will happen if she gets more than she expected? Will these two finally get the HEA they thought they were destined for in the past?

My heart hurt for both Harley and Tripp. I saw and understood both of their pain and wanted them to come through. Then you have Tripp’s family who are all about the answers and getting Harley back even if its not for Tripp. She was like another sibling to them and they want to repair that bridge. I love the love this family has for each other.

Then there is the greatness of Elliott setting up the perfect intros to two of the brother’s stories. She has a way of always keeping us waiting yet satisfied. Take a chance on this second chance and fall in love with more than the main characters.


Star Ratings:
Plot-5/5
Characters-5/5
Heat-5/5
Writing style-5/5
Overall-5/5




No comments:

Post a Comment