Wednesday, July 11, 2018

REVIEW - Catching Callie - Claire Woods





TITLE - Catching Callie

AUTHOR - Claire Woods










Blurb:



The Press labeled me campuses “DIRTY PLAYER.”

The scandal I'm caught in just made the national news, ESPN, & Sports Illustrated.

Forced to hide out in a small beach town until I can clear my name, the last thing I expected was to run into her. 

Literally.

First she stole my breath, then my heart. But she wants nothing to do with me.

Even my killer smile, panty-melting grin, and cut abs aren't reeling her in.

She ran.

Twice.

I have six weeks to find my mystery girl, get my reputation back, and prove to her I’m not a dirty player: I’m her prince. The football field is the domain I where I rule, but her heart is the next thing I’m going to capture.

Something tells me Catching Callie is going to be the biggest win of all.

GAME ON.

This is a standalone new adult romance. No cliffhanger, No cheating, HEA.






Jennifer's Review:



Great Idea, but fell a little short. Catching Callie was a decent book, but it missed its mark for me. This book has everything I normally love in it. There is a strong female lead, a hot, athlete, and a little bit of drama. What more could I ask for right? Unfortunately, for me personally, this just didn’t hit for me.

I was really interested in this story. The idea that a disgraced football player would escape to a small town and run into a girl who changes his world? It sounds like everything I would normally fall for. It was written well. I will give the story that, but I also felt like it wasn’t as cohesive as it could be. I think the small inconsistencies is what turned me off on this book.
I really liked the characters in this book. Gabe was a hoot. I loved reading the story from his point of view. He is a strong character that is not afraid to go after what he wants. I also loved how considerate and humble he is. That is important in a character. I really liked Callie as well, but I was irritated with her too. She is a sassy character with strong values. I loved her personality, but I also felt she was being unfair at times to Gabe. With that being said, I did like her.
The heat in this book is good. I liked watching these two together. It had all the hotness of a summer fling with the sweetness of a romantic evening. I thought their chemistry was great and added a layer to the story that it needed. These two had no problem with the heat.
The writing style in this book was okay, but I felt it could have been better. The pace of the book was steady for most of it, but I felt the ending was speed up. I also didn’t liked the use of time jumps in this story. While I loved that we got to see where they ended up, I thought the time jump added more unanswered questions. With all of that being said, The story was easy to read and I did read the whole thing and felt satisfied.
Overall, this book was entertaining enough. The characters were great and I really enjoyed reading about them. I also did like the plot. While this book missed the spot for me, I would recommend others to read it and try it for themselves. Not every book fits every person and this one just didn’t fit for me.


Star Ratings:
Plot: 4/5
Characters: 4/5
Heat: 4/5
Writing Style: 3/5
Overall: 3/5




No comments:

Post a Comment