Thursday, July 26, 2018

Review- Here's To Now-Teagan Hunter

40691288


Here's To Now
Teagan Hunter

Blurb

VEGAS WEDDING WITH A TWIST...


My life is full of regrets. I've screwed up more times than I can count, but I've spent the past several years atoning for my wrongdoings. I'm finally in a good place, ready to move on and step into the role waiting for me.

Then Haley Kamden comes crashing into my life, throwing me yet another curveball. Our relationship is one misadventure after the next. It's explosive in all the right ways, and so are we.

But I have baggage, and a lot of it.

I'm just hoping she can handle it...



Can be read as a stand-alone. Recommended for 18+ audience for explicit language and sexual situations.





Our Review

Whew! I did not expect that. Here’s to Now took me on a ride. That is for sure. I thought I knew who she was going to end up with when I read book one. Boy was I wrong. Let me tell you though. The surprise was pleasant. This book is not like any others that I have read. It is even very different than the others in the series. I am in love with this story.
The plot of this book intrigued me. I knew it was about Hayley, Rae’s sister, but I was unsure who the man was. Add in the Vegas Wedding tease and I knew this was going to be an explosive book. I loved Hayley since book one. Even when some mistakes happened, I still stuck by her. I am glad that she has her own book in this one. I loved the plot and where the author took it.
Usually I talk about the characters, but I like that it was a mystery. So I will say this. Hayley is a completely different person in this book. You get to dive deeper into her personal life so she is not just Rae’s sister anymore. She has her own identity. The main male is a strong character. He also had a face value until you get to this book. I liked diving into his past. He has baggage, but it was nice to see him wade through his past to find a future.
What I love most about this series is the heat. While it’s there, it isnt immediate. There is attraction and chemistry, but not jump into bed. It is funny I am saying this because of how the book starts, but trust me, you will get it later. Once things do heat up, it is like someone struck a match. These two characters are completely hot for each other.
I loved the writing style of this book. At first, I wasn’t sure about it, but it quickly grew on me. This book is separated into three sections, each to show a different part of the main character’s lives. I liked how this set up worked. It gave us a bit of the past, got into the present, and even gave us a glimpse of the future. I also liked that this story was told from one point of view. While usually I like seeing both characters thoughts, this book worked.
Overall, I really enjoyed this book. This is easily my favorite in the series. It had a little bit of everything I normally enjoy in a book. I really liked the characters as well. These two characters were written in such a way that I felt I could really relate to them. Seeing the other characters didn’t hurt either. I really hope the author writes one more book to tie up the last single people in the book. The loveable cousin and the roommate.
Ratings:
Plot: 5/5
Characters: 5/5
Heat: 5/5
Writing Style: 5/5
Overall: 5/5



“Messy pasts, bright futures? 5 stars”

So, if you’ve been following this series you know who both Hayley and Gaige are, well this is there story. Both have an extremely messy past and hope for the futures to be bright but aren’t quite sure if that’s possible. Heres to Now takes you on a journey of growth and putting ghosts where they belong.
Hayley is a hot mess. Her moods are all over the place. When she meets Gaige she’s at a low. What she didn’t know is that he knew her sister and was friends with her. When her and Gaige start their friendship that turns into something more she wants to keep it private. She doesn’t want to have to share him. How will Gaige react to that?
Gaige has a crud past. His childhood is chalked up with mistakes and now he’s trying to atone for his sins. He works hard and hardly goes out. One night when he does he meets Hayley. They are drawn together like a moth to a flame. Will he be able to get what he’s been working so hard for?
I don’t know who is more of a sad character because of what they’ve gone through. But in all honestly, they both come out on top. Despite the cards they’ve been dealt they handle everything pretty well. I like the way the story was told and was pleased that it was these two together in the end.
Plot-5/5
Characters-5/5
Heat-5/5
Writing style-5/5
Overall-5/5


No comments:

Post a Comment