Thursday, July 26, 2018

Review-Here's To Tomorrow-Teagan Hunter

40691247

Here's To Tomorrow
Teagan Hunter

Blurb

SEXY SINGLE DAD ROMANCE!

HUDSON
When I became a single father at seventeen, I knew my path wasn't going to be easy. Hell, sometimes it sucked. Year after year, I tirelessly busted my ass until my business was booming. Until my daughter was happy. Until life? It was good. Settled.

But sometimes being settled is overrated. Boring. Especially when a little excitement walks through my door in the shape of Rae Kamden. With her sarcastic mouth and smartass comebacks, she's the type of girl still sowing her wild oats and not looking to settle. Not with a guy like me.

RAE
I've been stuck in this small town since I was a child and nothing is going to keep me here. Not anymore. Done being tied down, I'm out of here the first chance I get. This town can kiss my ass goodbye.

I'm twenty-two. Single. Unwilling to settle. But if I did? It wouldn't be with Hudson Tamell.

So explain to me why the moment he looks up from under the hood of my car, the sarcastic replies on my lips come out sounding sweeter. Why does he make me want to settle down, right here, with him?

That's not what I wanted. But maybe it's what I need.



Here's to Forever, a follow-up novella, is available now!

*This book will be part of a series but CAN be read as stand-alone. Each book will follow a different couple.*
**Recommended for 18+ audience for explicit language and sexual situations.**






Our Review

What a sweet story! Here’s To Tomorrow is such a sweet and heartwarming story. This is a stand-alone novel in a series. This is the first book in the series. I would suggest readers read them in order because you get to meet a lot of the minor character in this book, but I don’t feel it is necessary either. This book has secrets, lies, romance, heat, and even a bit of mystery.

The plot of this story interested me. Single dad just trying to live his life the best he can for his child? Small town girl aching to leave behind the life she has been living for the lights of the big city? What could go wrong? Well it turns out, once chance meeting can change the course of both of these characters lives.
Rae is such an amazing character. She is sarcastic and witty. I think I love that most about her. She is also mature. The maturity she shows is endearing and refreshing. Then you have Hudson. He is a great character as well. He is so strong and resilient. I loved his personality and the way he interacted with his child. I also loved how he handled Rae. 


The heat in this book is great. These two characters had a slow burn going on. It wasn’t just passionate love making right from the beginning. It wasn’t meaningless either. There was enough story before the heat even came into play that made the heat twenty times better. Seriously, best heat in a book that I have read in a while.


I really enjoyed the writing style of the book. The pace was steady. At one point I was really worried it was going to be a book without enough conflict, but the author really pulled through in the end. The characters were written in an charming way. I loved that the minor characters were also so present that it made you want to know more about them. It was a great story.


Overall, I really enjoyed this book. It made me want to dive right into the next one. This series is going to be a favorite. I can already tell just by meeting all the characters in this first book. This author is quickly becoming one of my top authors to read. Needless to say, I would recommend this book.

Ratings:
Plot: 5/5
Characters: 5/5
Heat: 5/5
Writing Style: 5/5
Overall: 5/5



“Single dad and the lost, 5 stars”

Rae is kind of lost right now. She’s just graduated college and trying to decide what she wants to do. It probably doesn’t help that her car keeps breaking down on her. But lucky for her she walks into Jacked up, an auto shop Hudson owns. These two keep bumping into each other but nothing ever happens. Is there something there or is Rae just imagining it?
Hudson’s life is a little hectic. He’s a twenty-four-year-old single dad who owns his own business. Is he interested in Rae? Without a doubt. But at the same time, he doesn’t know if he can balance a relationship with someone between all the things he calls life. When Rae lets a little truth, bomb slip he starts to second guess if being with her is a good idea. Will these two come out on the other side?
Here’s to Tomorrow has a whole lot of forgiveness and letting go of the past. Both Rae and Hudson have scars from their pasts they need to heal before they can really be together. My heart hurt for these two several times throughout the story. Especially Joey, Hudson’s daughter. There is also something about the way Hunter wrote this story that I liked. You could definitely tell that these were new age twenty somethings by the way they talked and acted.
Plot-5/5
Characters-5/5
Heat-5/5
Writing style-5/5
Overall-5/5



No comments:

Post a Comment