Wednesday, July 11, 2018

REVIEWS x 2 - Happy Hour - Piper Rayne








TITLE - Happy Hour
AUTHOR - Piper Rayne




BLURB:


The perfect man for her is the one she hates most. #gofigure

Dating is hard.
Dating in your thirties is even harder.
Dating in Chicago is harder still.

I haven't given up on finding my happily-ever-after, but in the age of swiping right and Netflix and chill, I'm wondering if everything is as temporary as my marriage turned out to be.

Truth is, there is one guy I can't get my mind off of.

Roarke Baldwin has salt and pepper hair I've dreamed of running my hands through and I'm pretty sure that if I checked he really does have a six pack of abs underneath his suit. And I've always wondered what that stubble on his face would feel like between my thighs.

The problem? He's the one man I hate more than my ex-husband…

His divorce attorney.



Louise's Review:




Happy Hour is the 3rd book in the Charity Case series a second chance, enemies to lovers book. 

Hannah was done with men, being cheated on by her ex-husband and then taken to the cleaners by the most ruthless lawyer around she was not interested in getting back in the game. Making a deal with the devil is never an easy pill to swallow and Roarke Baldwin was the hardest one of all. 

Hannah was independent and voiced her opinions, she never backed down from a fight and stood up for what she believes in. She may come across as poised and ready made rich but underneath the shiny exterior she was cracked and just like everyone else. Roarke is a self-made arrogant man who believes in honesty and trust he sees what he wants and is ruthless at getting it. Hannah maybe the hardest case he has ever wanted to win. 

“Roarke Baldwin screams ‘strap me to a bed and show me how a real man does it’”

Roarke had Hannah in his sights and she only had hatred for him, when a deal throws them together they begin their relationship hot and heavy and don’t let up, their chemistry is on fire, leaving me wanting more.

Piper and Rayne have an amazing working relationship and I love their writing, I have been a fangirl for a while now, seamlessly they put this book together making you feel love for these characters throughout. 

I personally loved this book and give it 5 stars, the duo takes you on a journey that I didn’t want to end leaving me pencilling in their next series, Blue Collar Brothers. If you are looking for a great second chance romance novel that will keep you on your toes then this is the book/series for you. 


Star Ratings;
Plot: 5/5
Characters: 5/5
Heat: 5/5
Writing Style: 5/5
Overall: 5/5



~ ~ ~ ~



Johnaka's Review:


“Unexpected love, 5 stars”



Hannah and Roarke are enemies. Well at least Hannah thinks so. See they have a troubled past that involves Roarke taking a lot from her in the court room. To say she’s a little bitter would be an understatement. Now she has to call a truce in her mission to avoid him at all cost. What will happen when she finds out there is more to him than she thought?

Roarke didn’t want to take Hannah to the cleaners, but as a lawyer its his job to do everything he can for his client. Even if he doesn’t think they are in the right. Now he’s trying to make up for that misstep of representing her ex and find himself in her good graces. When Hannah finds herself needing a venue for a charity he knows just the place, but for her to into it she needs to spend some time with him. Will Roarke get a chance with Hannah or are all his efforts for no reason?

I enjoyed these two! I loved the idea of Roarke being the silver fox (what Hannah’s friends call him) and I think he lived up to the name. He proved to Hannah that even if first impressions are less than favorable it doesn’t mean someone is bad. These two definitely beat the odds even though at times it was iffy if they would. Happy Hour will leave you happy if you take a chance, go one-click.



Star Ratings:
Plot-5/5
Characters-5/5
Heat-5/5
Writing style-5/5
Overall-5/5








No comments:

Post a Comment