Thursday, July 19, 2018

REVIEW - Flip Trick - Amo Jones






TITLE - Flip Trick 
AUTHOR - Amo Jones






Blurb:





I did something I had never done before. 

I had a one-night stand. 

Then in true me fashion, I left my phone at his house during my desperate venture to escape.

I tried hard to ignore the texts sent to my best friend’s phone...

Amethyst: Sup, these selfies are cute as shit, but your lips looked better wrapped around my…

I did NOT text him back. 

I DID vow to never speak of him, or that night again... 

I’m Amethyst Lily Tatum, and up until this point, I’d managed to maintain a fairly low-key life. I’m what you would call a socially unacceptable hot mess. Instead of partying, I’m skating, flipping ollie’s over guys who loved to underestimate me. Then I started college, met a wild girl who I would soon call my best-friend, had my first drunk one-night stand, left my phone at his house, and then, when I finally managed to meet my mom’s new boyfriend, I found out that my one-night stand, was now my new stepbrother. 

*this is a standalone novel*



Louise's Review:



Flip Trick is a standalone novel and is so much more than just a one-night stand and step sibling romance. Amethyst and Maddox have a whirlwind of ups and downs with so many twists and turns that leave you wondering if these 2 are soul mates or just plain toxic for each other. 

After 1-night Amethyst ‘Ame’ knew she was in trouble, especially when she finds out the guy she spent the night with is her new Step Brother. Maddox and Amethyst start to build a non-labelled relationship but their course takes a detour when the past comes waltzing back in. Over the next few years they have a push and pull relationship until they finally find their way.

Amethyst is not your typical girl she doesn’t fall into line, she has always been a tom boy and embraced her love of skateboarding. She is quiet and doesn’t care what other people think of her. Maddox is dominant, aggressive and the hottest up and comer on the MMA circuit. He stands by his morals and is willing to put his own happiness aside to do the right thing.

This was a very jam packed dramatic book, there was so many events happening that continued throughout the book that I felt I was running at full speed but never able to reach the finish line. I personally felt that Amethyst at the start had so much independence and confidence she started to lose her way and she became something she never wanted to be, changing my whole outlook on her character. 

Amethyst and Maddox were never lacking in the chemistry department, their gaze alone could set you on fire and when they Amethyst together they were a category 5 cyclone.

This was my first time reading an Amo Jones book and although I did enjoy the writing I felt like I had been hit for 6 with the back and forth between Amethyst and Maddox, personally I felt that book had too much drama. Although this book is a standalone there were some fantastic minor characters and I look forward to seeing if they get their own story.

Star Ratings;
Plot: 3/5
Characters: 3/5
Heat: 4/5
Writing Style: 4/5
Overall: 3.5/5





No comments:

Post a Comment