Thursday, July 26, 2018

Review-Savages-Natalie Bennett

38731457

Savages
Natalie Bennett

Blurb

Calista
"I am the monster they created. I’m the whore they’re ashamed of."

When life tried to break me I grabbed that b*tch by the throat and squeezed.
I thought I could overcome anything. I swore I could handle him, but after being forced to play at the Devil's playground I ended up craving his touch.
One taste of his poison made my loyalties begin to waiver.

Romero 
"I’m a living nightmare, I’m everything they fear."

I’ve been called the Devil, deranged, and a savage. I lived by a code created by rebel souls. We were sinners and thieves that made no apologies for taking whatever the f*ck we wanted. Saving a girl in the woods was never part of my plans, but when I saw the crazy in her eyes I knew it was a match made in hell.

Now secrets are piling up, the bodies are rotting, and time is running out to finish what I started.


Forewarning, our story is more than a little f*cked up. 



Authors Note:

I am not going to put a long 'trigger warning' on this book. I will say that Savages is a VERY cautionary tale that has no regard for hard limits. Reader discretion IS highly advised. <--18 font="">





Our Review

A dirty, chaotic, apocalyptic world. Savages is a book that is really unexplainable with words. You really should read it to understand it. With that being said, I will try my best. First, I feel it best to say that this book is a trigger warnings playground. This book is down and dirty and meant to push boundaries. If I had to compare this book to anything, I would say it is Game of Thrones meets The Walking Dead, without all the zombies of course. There is an underlying romance story…. I think. It is hard to really say. All I can say is give it a shot, if you think you are brave enough.
Savages is not for the faint hearted. This book is gory, raw, deep, and sometimes appalling. It is also exciting, breathtaking, and like nothing I have ever read before. The plot of the book is different than anything I could have imagined reading. The action? Yeah that sucks you in and leaves you waiting with bated breath for the next scene. Once you reach the end, you are clawing, wishing for more.
The two main characters are similar yet different. Calista is an interesting character. Right away we get a glimpse of what she has had to endure in her life. She has such strong traits, but she is still human. I love that I got to watch her change and grow into the character she is supposed to be. Then you have Romero. He is a different type of man. He thrives in this world that has fallen to apocalyptic ways. He is tall, gorgeous, broody, and best of all, dangerous. He is the entire package.
Man the heat in this book is like no other. If you do not like down and dirty heat with a mixture of craziness, then just skip this book. The scenes in this book are unrivaled when it comes to heat. These two have an instant chemistry, but what transpires between the two? It makes chemistry look like child’s play. Man I needed a drink after this book.
The writing style of this book was good. There were times I didn’t like the way things were worded, but for the most part I enjoyed it. The story was so amazing, that this small infraction could be over looked. The pace of this book is steady. There is so much action in this book as well. I think it was very well done.
Overall, this was a great book. It set it up nicely for the next book. This book was definitely dark and twisty, but I think I kinda dug it. I think if you go into this book expecting something, you will find yourself surprised. Even I couldn’t predict the twists and turns of this book. I would recommend this book to others.
Ratings:
Plot: 5/5
Characters: 5/5
Heat: 5/5
Writing Style: 5/5
Overall: 5/5


No comments:

Post a Comment