Thursday, July 26, 2018

Review- Here's To Yesterday-Teagan Hunter

40691266

Here's To Yesterday
Teagan Hunter

Blurb


You're not supposed to fall in love with your boyfriend's brother...

HER
My entire life has been "perfect" for as long as I can remember. A loving family, a boyfriend who adores me, and anything I wanted, I got. But it was all a lie, a façade. My family isn't loving, my boyfriend is more interested in my body than my mind, and it turns out money can't buy happiness.

I've felt lost and stuck for far too long. Then, everything changed when I was least expecting it. It wasn't supposed to happen.

Not with...him.


HIM
I want to make one thing clear: I saw her first.

Not that it makes anything okay, but it's true. The moment she walked into my line of sight, I knew she was something special. I could see past the mask she wore, could see right down to her soul.

I recognized instantly that she needed a friend...and it just so happens I did too. So, I wormed my way in. Took her out on the town, forced her from her solitary existence. Together we grew brave, stepped outside the boxes we'd been placed in. Walked a thin line between "just friends" and something more.

I just didn't mean to fall in love with...her.



Can be read as a stand-alone. Recommended for 18+ audience for explicit language and sexual situations.






Our Review

Holy not what I was expecting. Here’s to Yesterday was a wonderful novel. I was sucked in from the very beginning. I really wanted to know about Rae’s best friend and this Tanner guy I didn’t like too much. This book gave me that and more. I was not expecting what happened in these pages. This book has drama, but what good book doesn’t? This book also has a lot of sweet and charming moments.
The plot of this book was written well. The author took it somewhere I was not expecting. I really thought I was going to get one book, but I got an entirely different one. I don’t want to say too much in fear of spoiling it, but holy heck did I love the plot line in this book.
Maura is an interesting character. I liked her in the first book, but I felt there was more to her than I was seeing. This book showed that I was right. Maura had an interesting childhood that lead to who she is now. She is caged and just waiting for the right time to bust free. I loved her journey. Then you have Tanner. In the first book, I didn’t care for him too much. It was implied that he had a sweet side, but I wasn’t quite sure. Add in the element of Tucker and holy heck lets say drama. Tucker is my dream man. He is funny and sweet. Plus he has a guitar so yeah.
The heat in this book is there, but it is muted. It isn’t all fireworks from the start. This book isn’t as focused on the heat, but that is a good thing. This book dives into some serious topics that have certain lines that cannot be crossed. This book did a good job toeing those lines and giving us just enough story with a touch of heat.
I liked the way this book was written. It is separated into three sections. Her, Him, and Them. I liked that format. We were able to see from each character’s point of view and watch the drama unfold. The pace of the book was steady. It didn’t feel like it was dragging on. The characters were written well.
Overall, I enjoyed this story. Even with it touching on a sensitive topic, I feel like it was addressed well. I especially liked the message that you cannot live your life for someone else. In the end, you won’t be happy. That resonated with me because I have had to come to that same conclusion on my own. Even with getting some flak from others, I have stuck to it and I hope Maura does too.
Ratings:
Plot: 5/5
Characters: 5/5
Heat: 5/5
Writing Style: 5/5
Overall: 5/5



“Heartache and healing, 5 stars”

Tucker has wanted Maura since he spotted her in a coffee shop. Life decided to send him a curveball in the form of her dating his brother. A brother who doesn’t know what he has. When Tucker sees Maura start to fold in on herself he decides to step in and make sure she gets out. What starts out as harmless somehow grows.
Maura was drawn to Tucker when she met him but because of her past she went for his brother. The two are opposites. When Maura starts to see her relationship isn’t all its cracked up to be she finds her self in over her head. Will she stay with the one who makes her feel like an object or will she leave him for the one who makes her feel everything?
There is no cheating in Here’s to Yesterday. These two just become best friends while Maura is with Tuckers brother. Then tragedy strikes that forces these two apart. When they finally come back together will they finally get there shot, or will it be too late?
This is probably my favorite book in the Here’s To series and that’s saying something because normally I hate love triangles. These two both brought something different to the table and really balanced each other out. I was rooting for them from the start. This isn’t an easy love story, its messy. So, prepare yourself.
Plot-5/5
Characters-5/5
Heat-5/5
Writing style-5/5
Overall-5/5



No comments:

Post a Comment