Thursday, July 26, 2018

Review-Deviants-Natalie Bennett

36933803

Deviants
Natalie Bennett

Blurb

-Calista-

Sick bitch

Maniac

Out of my fucking head.

I’m not broken.

I’m just a little damaged.

I’m stronger now, stronger than I ever knew.

And it’s all because of him.

This is only the beginning but I already know how it’s going to end. 

I’ll be claiming my throne and they’ll be buried in the dirt.

-Romero-

Deranged

Psychopath

Out of my fucking mind

We both know how it’s all going to end.

The blood we shed will stain our hands.

There’s not a warning out there that could prepare anyone for this.

*Deviants is book two in the Badlands series and will conclude Romero and Cali’s story.*





Our Review

Dark and twisty take two! Seriously. Deviants is the second in the Badlands series. Again, I feel I should mention that if you have triggers, then avoid this book. This book is sure to hit at least one, if not more of them. This book is an extension of the first which means it is dirty, raunchy, and tests anyone’s moral compass. With that being said, I am in love with this series.
Deviants is the second book in this series and leaves off right where the last book ends. I cannot say too much about the plot without giving away the first book, but let me tell you this book dives deeper into this new world and the psychotic humans living in it. Secrets always have a way of coming out and this book is a good representation of that. I loved the plot of this book.
We get to see the two characters from the first book again in this second book. Calista is in a completely different place than she was in the first book. I loved watching her grow in the first book, but I loved watching her take her rightful place in this second book. She finally realizes what she needs out of life and she goes for it. I love that. Then you have Romero. He is still huge in this second book. When we end the first book, he is questionable. This second book reveals some of his secrets that he has kept close to his chest. I think the first book was Calista’s chance to grow while this second book was Romero’s.
The heat did not settle down in this book. If anything, it heats up even more. I know. I know. It seems impossible. I didn’t think it could get any better, but it did. This book tests my own mind. Makes me wonder about the heat and whether it is right or wrong. In the end, it is hot so I will leave that judgement up to you.
The writing style in this book is the same as the last. It is a steady pace. The author does a good job slowly revealing things to the readers. It was like one big Christmas present that I was able to savor slowly. I really liked some of the minor characters as well. I would love to read more about them in future books. Maybe even let them get a book of their own.
Overall, I am happy that this second book held up to the first one. This series is shaping up to be an amazing new world. I cannot wait to continue on with it. I would recommend this series to others that like dark romances that make you question your own mind. This would be perfect for people like that.
Ratings:
Plot: 5/5
Characters: 5/5
Heat: 5/5
Writing Style: 5/5
Overall: 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment