Wednesday, July 11, 2018

REVIEW - House of Leights - Jaymin Eve




TITLE - House of Leights
AUTHOR - Jaymin Eve








Blurb:



Maya has never had much to complain about. Sure, her parents are absent a lot, having important jobs in the government, but at the end of the day she has all the material possessions a girl could want. Not to mention a great best friend, and secure spot in the popular group at her school.

Yet she can never shake the feeling of displacement. Constantly searching for something that’s missing from her life.

Turns out Maya is part of something much bigger than her human existence, and after a mysterious stranger saves her from an ambush at a party, he brings her into his world.

And turns her world completely upside down.
 



Jennifer's Review:


Is it September yet???? Seriously, I cannot wait for the next installment in this freaking amazing series. I just cannot get enough of it! House of Leights is the third book in the Secret Keepers series by Jaymin Eve. To say I loved this story is an understatement. This series has drawn me in from the first book and this book just continued to enthrall me. This book reveals more of the major plot while giving us a better look at the House of Leights. This book is part of a series that needs to be read in order.

This book is about the third Secret Keeper. If you have been reading the books then you know what this means. I was super excited for this book because I knew we would learn so much more about this world and what is happening in it. Furthermore, I was excited for Chase to get to meet his match. Watching these four friends get to meet their match has been a blessing.

Speaking of matches, let me tell you about Maya. She is a strong character. She is another one who knows nothing about this world so to see her adjusting was amazing. I loved her personality and her ability to just roll with the flow. Then you have Chase. Man I knew Chase was a special one. He exceeded my expectations in this book.

The heat in this book is there, but it is muted. I expect as such as this has a YA novel feel. With that being said, there is plenty of chemistry between these characters. It is enough to make you wish you had your own Chase. This area was done very well.

The writing style of this book is great. The pace is steady and fits with the rest of the books. I also loved how the author was able to reveal little bits of details throughout the book. What I think is most important is that the author didn’t downplay things that happened in previous books. I don’t want to say too much, but let’s just say the events from the last book have truly affected the characters and that was seen in this book.

Overall, I loved this book. I am in love with this series. I am dying to read the last book to see how this ends. I know where I want to see it go, but I cannot wait to see what the author has in store for us readers. I think when this series is over, I will have a hangover. I really enjoyed House of Leights, but House of Imperial is still my favorite in this series.


Star Ratings:
Plot: 5/5
Characters: 5/5
Heat: 5/5
Writing Style: 5/5
Overall: 5/5





No comments:

Post a Comment