Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Release+Review-Boy Toy-Sarina Bowen&Tanya Eby


39171548

Boy Toy
Sarina Bowen and Tanya Eby

Blurb:

A brand new romantic comedy from your favorite snort-laughing duo!


Liam



The moment Sadie Matthews walks through the daycare center door, I feel my world tilt in her direction. Again. I fell for her when I was fourteen, and I'm still not over her. Problem: she still thinks of me as a teen she used to babysit. But I've learned a few things about pleasing a woman in the last fifteen years. I can't wait to show her how good it could be. I need to move quickly before I lose her again. This is more than a game to me, but I still plan to win.



Sadie



I've just survived the worst year of my life. As a single mom of twin toddlers, I don't have time for a man. I barely have time to finish a thought. Who knew that Liam McAllister would grow up to be so devastating? He's everything my husband was not: tall, built, and willing to have a tea party with my girls. 



I can't possibly get involved with him. He's too young for me. Too handsome. But he's so persuasive...

 Paperback: http://geni.us/BTpaperback
♥ Amazon: http://geni.us/BTamazon 
♥ iBooks: http://geni.us/BTibooks 
♥ Nook: http://geni.us/BTnook  
♥ Kobo: http://geni.us/BTkobo 
♥ Google: http://geni.us/BTgoogle 







Our Review:

This is a standalone book, but the third book in the Man Hands series. I've read a lot of Sarina Bowen books, and her collaboration with Tanya Eby is simply fabulous! This is a delightful read about second chance love mixed with a bit of lost puppy love. Don't be fooled by me mentioning puppy love, this book is all adult and well worth the read!

I think my favorite part of this plot was the little tidbits brought to us by fourteen year old Liam. He interjects his fourteen year opinions despite the fifteen years that have passed...which reminds us all we're all a little bit of all our ages. Liam finds Sadie after fifteen years, her having been their family babysitter when he was fourteen and she was nineteen. Teenage fantasies and puppy love collide with adult situations and troubles and meld in a most hilarious fashion.

I was excited to read about Sadie after meeting her in the previous two Man Hand books. As a wife and mother, she's a character I hope I never have to experience...but can still relate to as a woman who does her best for her kids and needs to be loved as a woman and rediscover herself. She's fun, and in need of someoen to remind her she's a beautiful and sexy woman as well as strong and caring mother. Liam is her “calm in the center of toddler-induced mayhem.” He reminds Sadie that she's not a borken divorcee, she's an woman on the cusp of a new stage of life, and he's there to remind her of their younger days and sweep her off her feet. Where can I get a Liam?

Have faith moms everywhere, there's someone out there to light your fire. Sadie's is Liam, and while she's hesitant to their age difference, Liam proves age is just a number and they can set the sheets on fire (even if they have to be quiet to keep toddles sleeping. “This is some serious mommy porm I'm watching. Shirtless guy feeds toddlers before eight a.m.”

This may be my favorite book from the Man Hands series. Sadie is such a relatable character for me, with Liam being such a fantastic person as a whole and the sexy man she needs. I devoured this book in a night and loved the range of emotions the authors evoked the whole way through the book. The chapter titles are hilarious.

I've binged myself on almost every book Sarina Bowen has written. I'm going to have to add Tanya Eby to my list of authors to follow and read. The books are all sexy keep me from despairing at my own boring life with the contemporary romances they write. I'm sad the series is over since all three friends have now found their happily ever afters.

“It's messy and chaotic, this love we have, the life we'll share. But it's ours.”
“I am who I am. This is my body and I need to honor it. This is a body that has grown two children at the same time...”

Star Ratings:
Plot = 5/5 
Characters = 5/5 
Heat = 5/5 
Writing Style = 5/5 
Overall Rating = 5/5




No comments:

Post a Comment