Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Review-Just One Night-Charity Ferrell

38163174

Just One Night
Charity Ferrell




Blurb

“What the f*ck have I done?” aren’t the first words you want to hear after a one-night stand. 

Yet that’s what he gave me. 



Dallas Barnes is tall, dark, and handsome.
He’s also scarred, rough, and broken down by burdens. 
A single dad. A widower. A lost soul.



We found each other in the back of a dark pub.
He brought the whiskey.
I brought the bad decisions. 
He called it a mistake. 
I vowed never to speak to him again. 



That vow is broken with one test.
Two pink lines have turned my life upside down. 
One night can change everything.


Our Review


Just one Night is the 2nd book in the Blue Beech Series, I was so excited to read this one, the blurb had me hook, line and sinker and it did not disappoint, filled with heartbreak, secrets and love Charity takes you for a rollercoaster ride.

“What the F have I done?”

First thing you hear after an amazing night with a guy, is not hearing that he is regretting everything about it, 2nd thing you don’t want to hear is, you’re pregnant. Willow has a busy life being PA and best friend of a Hollywood star, she has left a long term toxic relationship and wanted to move on with her life. Dallas is broken, he has lost his wife, the love of his life and the mother of his daughter. Feeling like he has betrayed his wife he doesn’t treat Willow very well, having her running for the hills with his baby on board.

It is clear that Willow and Dallas have chemistry, they are trying to fight through their own grief when they surface they connect on a whole different level.

Charity did not disappoint with this book, I fell in love with her writing while reading book 1, Just her Bodyguard. There were some very sad aspects of this book but I felt that Charity addressed them perfectly leaving me feeling that although tragedies happen life can move on and there will be happiness in the future if you open yourself up to them.

I highly recommend this book I could not put it down, I would suggest that you read Just her Bodyguard so you can find out more details of their lives. I cannot wait for Book 3 to come out Just Exs and I can only imagine this is will be as good.


Ratings;
Plot: 5/5
Characters: 5/5
Heat: 5/5
Writing Style: 5/5
Overall: 5/5


Holy heck. What an emotional rollercoaster. Just One Night blew my mind. I was not expecting to ugly cry, but this one sure made me do just that. This book has romance, love, a secret baby, drama, and a lot of heat. This is book two in this series, but can be read as a stand-alone. The characters from the first book are featured in this book.
The plot of this book gutted me. Seriously. Two people drawn together. Both heartbroken for completely different reasons? Both fighting demons they are trying to move past? Holy heck. Talk about drama. The main theme in this book is second chance romance. I don’t want to say too much, but this book is full of emotions.
Willow is such a great character. I liked her in the first book and this one just showed me more of her. I will not deny that for a brief moment I wanted to punch her in her face, but after that, I warmed back up to her. Dallas is a special character. He had to go through something no one else should have to go through. I loved seeing his strength, but also his vulnerability.
The heat between these two was there right from the start. One night is what started them down a path littered with destiny and fate. I loved that about this book. Things continued to heat up even with the back and forth of the will they or won’t they. You really felt invested in these characters.
The writing style of this book is good. The pace is steady. This book is also told from a dual point of view. I liked seeing more of the small town. I also liked seeing more of the family and minor characters. What I loved most about this book is the fact that the author did not shy away from some real serious stuff. Like thanks for making me cry.
Overall, I really loved this book. I mean total ugly cry alert right here. It was totally worth it to get to read Willow and Dallas’ story. They are such dynamic characters. I will be recommending this book to others. I cannot wait to see where the author takes this series next.
Ratings:
Plot: 5/5
Characters: 5/5
Heat: 5/5
Writing Style: 5/5
Overall: 5/5



No comments:

Post a Comment