Friday, June 12, 2015

REVIEW - Flaw - Ryan Ringbloom



 TITLE: Flaw

AUTHOR: Ryan Ringbloom

 

SYNOPSIS:

 
What can be said about Josh Brewster? Nothing good, that's for sure. Just ask anyone. They'll be quick to tell you. Josh is a selfish, sweet-talking manipulator who will charm you in a minute, all the while planning his next move. He uses. He leaves. All Josh desires is things that come easy. Why actually work hard for something when you don't have to?

When Josh comes to face to face with a girl who’s doesn’t make anything easy, Josh begins questioning the game he's played so long. He’s suddenly eager to learn how to work for something he never imagined wanting. Can a player really change his ways? Better yet, will his past forgive?

Aidan Turner has had a rough life, a life that has only become harsher as he's gotten older. The scars across his face serve as a constant reminder of the haunting nightmares from his past life. Seeing himself as nothing but a monster, Aidan believes no one will ever be able to look past his flaws.
His reasoning is about to change when his very own beauty comes barreling in, sparking emotions he'd thought he'd never feel. Love sizzles between them, but his friendship with another girl complicates everything, especially after the nature of their friendship becomes confused. Will friendship overshadow his true feelings and ruin both couples’ chances at happiness?


Warning – Mature Content.

Fans of WAIT keep reading after the story ends for the bonus chapter: Tessa and Tucker – The Wait is Over.

 

 MY THOUGHTS:

 *contains spoilers*

This book is about four completely different people.
You have Aiden a tattoo artist, who is a "monster" because of a scar on his face.
Becca a student, who is Aiden's best friend and neighbor.
Josh a student who comes into the picture because Aiden needs a roommate.
And Jordyn a rich girl who had a class with Becca.
Aiden and Jordyn end up together. Becca tried to keep them apart to begin with because she was afraid Jordyn would hurt Aiden. And she was right about that. They end up getting married during a trip to Vegas, only to have it short lived because she's an idiot who worries about what others think. She is supposedly "Perfect", which annoyed me because no one is perfect.
Anyways she was so wrapped up in what others might think of Aiden's face that she ruined there already fragile relationship.
"I know what you’re all doing, what you’re all thinking. 
You don’t have to pretend. Just say it. 
Say, ‘Jordyn what are you doing with that monster?’
‘What are you doing with a hideous freak whose face probably scares away little kids.'"
Nonetheless Aiden takes her back after the divorce is final. He loves her so much that he's willing to set aside his hurt pride for her.
I liked Aiden so much, because he was real and honest. I honestly didn't care for Jordyn, she certainly wasn't what I would have chosen for him.
Becca and Josh are also an odd couple. Her with pink hair and him a man whore.
The beginning of there relationship was built on misunderstandings, but they did get better with time. Becca made Josh grow up and become a man, when in the beginning he was a spoiled boy. I loved reading him change.

"My definition of the word beautiful is pink hair, gray eyes, and blue stars. The other night when I told you I love you, it was because I do. I am so in love with you."

Who wouldn't swoon over that? And to top it off he wrote that in a letter, a hand written letter!
I love hand written love notes so Josh totally got points from me. Then again he also gets points for keeping a stock supply of chocolate chips on the freezer and actively watching Dancing with the Stars with Becca. He's a keeper sweetheart!
I didn't like that as both Becca and Aiden became submerged into their own relationships they drifted apart. Which sadly happens often. They only came together when the other was hurting at the end, leading to this drunken dialog..
"Nope. Shh,” Aidan cuts me off. “I’m not finished. She told me she loved me.” He rolls his eyes. “Told me she wanted to be with me forever. We got married. Yup, soak that in for a second. And then… And then, this is the best part. She called me out in front of her whole family. Told them all how my face wasn’t the only fucked up thing about me.” He throws his head back and lets out a gruff laugh from his gut. “We’re not married anymore."
I don't normally care for books written like this, jumping between four people.
I feel like Ryan could have done a lot more, if she would have focused on one couple per book.
But with that said, she did do a good job.

RATING:

Plot- 2.5/5
Character- 3/5
Heat- 2.5/5
Writing style- 3/5
Overall- 3/5

STAR RATING - 3 STARS


**I was given an ARC in exchange for a fair and honest review**




https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/20569731-flaw?from_search=true&search_version=service_impr



CLICK ON COVER TO PURCHASE:

 

 




No comments:

Post a Comment