Thursday, June 25, 2015

Seraphim Question Time - Audrey Carlan


Seraphim Question Time With Audrey Carlan









Amazon best selling author Audrey Caplan has joined us today for Seraphim Question Time, our exclusive author Q&A, in conjunction with her the release and our review of her latest book in the Calendar Girls series; June.




Audrey's Author Bio

Audrey Carlan is a multiple times Amazon Best Selling Author who writes erotic contemporary romances, such as the wildly popular “Falling Series” the “Trinity Trilogy” and the “Calendar Girl Serial.” She lives in the sunny California Valley two hours away from the city, the beach, the mountains and the precious…the vineyards. She has been married to the love of her life for over 12 years and has two young children that live up to their title of “Monster Madness” on a daily basis. When she’s not writing, sipping wine with her “soul sisters”, or doing yoga, she can be found with her nose stuck in a book or her Kindle. A hot, smutty, romantic book to be exact!

In life she believes that all things have their purpose even if we are unable to determine the purpose immediately.

~ ~

Describe yourself in 3 words.
Driven. Loyal. Compassionate.

If you could have written any book which book would it be and why?
Wynn in Doubt by Emily Hemmer. She's actually now a personal friend of mine. Her prose is beautiful and the story is one that will change the way you see life. I'd love to say I've written a book that changed someone's life so profoundly. 


Who is your favourite of your own characters (either already written or still in your head) and why?
I'm currently writing Mia Saunders for the monthly serial I produce called Calendar Girl. I'm a little in love with her because she's a bad ass. Her heart is huge but she has a chip on her shoulder making her sassy. I love that she cares only for what those close to her think of her, not anyone else. Besides, she drives a motorcycle, rocks jeans and concert tees and doesn't take any crap from anyone. 


Best book you have read so far this year, and your Favourite book of all time?
The Will by Kristen Ashley. It was extremely powerful, made you think and fall in love with love and family


Are there any other authors who inspire you?
I mentioned both Kristen Ashley and Emily Hemmer above. I absolutely aspire to write the kind of reads you can't put down the same way Kristen Ashley does...only hotter. ;)  Emily again has incredibly beautiful prose. My mentor Jess Dee writes emotional heated short books that make you feel every page deep into your soul. I'm also in love with RK Lilley, Raine Miller, Christina Lauren and so many others. 


Favourite thing that's been said about one of your books?
Besides the panty melting love scenes? :D I've been told so many times that my books make the reader feel something whether it's love, hate, grief, friendship, sadness or laughter. That makes me feel good.


What does the next twelve months look like in your book world?
So much is going on in the book world for me. Over the next twelve months I will write and release the remaining six 100+ page novellas of the Calendar Girl Serial. I also hope to release a stand alone within the same six months. Then it will be the start of a 7 book series I'm working on and several signings. I'm doing one in Minneapolis, MN in October, the RT Convention in Vegas in April and the Sacramento and San Francisco romance conferences as well. My PA and I will be very busy this year...god willing! 


Who is your current book boyfriend and who is your all time, old faithful, go to book boyfriend?
My current book boyfriend is Alexander Colton from Kristen Ashley's For You the Burg Series book 1 because that's what I'm reading now. My all time old faithful go to book boyfriend is none other than the Gideon Cross from the Crossfire series.


If you were stuck on an island with just one paperback book, which book would it be?
Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert


Favorite line from a book.
I have highlights all over every book I read. Far too many to pick just one


What's your go to karaoke song?
I will survive by Gloria Gaynor


You've opened up your wardrobe and your clothes aren't there, instead it's your dream world! You walk through, what's the first thing you see?
The clear blue ocean.


Is there a particular genre, maybe outside your comfort zone that you would like to write?
I write what I read. Erotic romance baby. The hotter the better.


What's the best and worst advice you've ever received?
The best advice I've received is to hire a professional editor. Your first impression on a reader is everlasting. 

The worst advice I received was that indie authors won't make it without a publisher


What words do you love to use, and see in books, and what words do you hate to use / see?
I write wicked hot love stories so there isn't a word off limits to me. Though I rarely use the word Vagina or Penis because it's so clinical. Blech. Not hot.


If you had one superpower, what would it be?
Super strength


Most underrated author / book you've read?
As part of my street team, we read one book a month of an author that has under 100 reviews. We all purchase it to help the author with sales and leave a review. Then we chat about it in the street team. Last months book was a huge 5 star read for me. Jessica Wilde's book Ricochet. Incredible read. Absolutely recommend it. It deals with domestic violence in a way that gives women hope and was done with grace and tact. I consider it a book about survival and I loved it.


Who is your absolute favourite man candy?
"I'm 100% in love with David Gandy. He's the hottest man in the entire world. Period"


Anything you would like to say? 
If people are interested in my books, I have two full length novels available all the time,
for 99 cents. Angel Falling (can be read as a stand alone or part of a series). 
Body (book one of a trilogy but has a happy for now ending). 
I also produce a monthly 100+ page serial that's always 99 cents each month, 
called Calendar Girl. 
I want my books to be affordable and hope that your readers will give one of them a shot. 

Follow me on Twitter at @AudreyCarlan

Like me on Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/AuthorAudreyCarlan


Thanks for the interview! Had a blast. 

No comments:

Post a Comment