Friday, June 26, 2015

REVIEW - Love Resisted (Entwined Hearts #2) - Maria Macdonald

Title - Love Resisted (Entwined Hearts #2)
Author - Maria Macdonald




Synopsis
Sophie Rawlings has been the party girl for years. Drowning herself in everything but the one man she truly loves. She’s pushed her feelings deep down, knowing he doesn't return them. The only other man to ever make her feel has suddenly become part of her self-appointed family and she’s not sure where that leaves her. Having been attacked recently, she’s sworn off guys for good.

So what will she do when she suddenly becomes the centre of attention?

What’s worse, is that not all attention is good. Sometimes the wrong attention can be life-altering…sometimes the wrong attention can extinguish the life you lead in the blink of an eye





What it's all about


Two friends who have not had an easy life, dealing with life, without dealing with each other the way they so desperately need to.








What I thought



Oh I LOVE this story!

We met our Soph in book one (Love Reflection), she was the feisty model friend of Pea, but she had been attacked and was becoming a shell of her former self. Here in Love resisted we learn why she is the way she is and why she is changing and there is so much more to it, than her attack. 

At the start of book one I didn't like Sophie one bit, but now, at the end of book two. I'm her biggest supporter. She is Fierce! She is strong and she is so cool I just wanna be her!
"Fuck babe, I knew you were strong; didn't know you were a warrior"
So the story goes, Sophie is trying to move on with her life and she cant do that comfortably whilst playing third wheel to Pea & Con. Solution? She moves out of their house and in with Dane, who she has conflicting feelings for. That poor girl is so confused but at the end of the day safety comes first and as we learn later on. She needs that safety net.

Dane isn't the only one confusing Sophie though. Life long friend / crush Saul is in her life in a big way and now that he has discovered he is Dane's brother, he see's his sibling as competition for Sophs attention.

In order for Sophie to get things on track with everyone, she needs to put on her big girl knickers, make a decision and be honest. Easier said that done, but that's my girl. Brave.

Dane too has to be honest with Sophie, but in order to be honest with her he has to be honest with himself. This is something he is not comfortable with.

Saul has spent his life time denying himself what he wants out of some misguided notion that he doesn't deserve what he wants. It takes a lot for him to look past this. (At  this point I would like to point out that I HATE Sophs mum and  I HATE HATE HATE Sauls mum too)

The honest talks that need to happen, do happen. The revelations are profound for some and thrilling for others. 
"I can see he is worried by what i'm about to say. Deciding to grab my lady balls and give them a squeeze (metaphorically speaking) to remind myself that I am brave. I am fierce and that I am not a player"
I won't reveal how it ends, but there's a bad man, who funnily enough I also hate. There is so much tension, there is drama, hospital visits, some sexy time (wink wink) and a HEA for one of the men, but not the other. 
"Even after what's happened to him today he still puts others first. My Brother. My Hero"
The none HEA is setting us up for book three. Which i'm going to have to insist you crack on with Maria! 

This series has fast become a favourite of mine. Engaging, realistic characters. Stories I get stuck into and enjoy. A great balance of heat/romance & drama. There is even the bitchy workmate we all love to hate :)

All killer. No filler.




Star Ratings
Plot = 5/5
Characters = 5/5
Heat = 4/5
Writing Style 4.5/5
Overall Rating = 5/5





https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/24972985-love-resisted?from_search=true&search_version=service_impr



Click Cover Image To Purchase






*Head over to our facebook page, where we are giving away a copy of Love Resisted*

** A copy was kindly provided by the author in return for an honest review **

No comments:

Post a Comment