Tuesday, June 12, 2018

REVIEW - Break Your Heart - Tracey Alvarez



TITLE - Break Your Heart
AUTHOR - Tracey Alvarez






Blurb:


Fake girlfriend. Real sizzle. What could possibly go wrong?

Sam Ngata has the talent of creating something out of almost nothing in his successful wood carving business, Kauri Whare. That talent doesn’t extend to producing a serious girlfriend out of nowhere when he implies to a huge overseas investor that he’s a one-woman kind of man. Big on domestic bliss and honesty, the investor is due to arrive in less than ten days time with a deal that’d provide Sam’s family-operated business with invaluable future security. Now Sam just has to find a woman willing to fake it until they make it — the deal, that is — with no strings attached.

Single mum Vee Sullivan needs a man in her life like a flightless kiwi bird needs wings to soar. She has a precocious little girl to provide for and she’s in the middle of expanding her clothing business — with an eye on Kauri Whare’s newest retail space. Unfortunately, it’d take a small miracle for her to afford the lease. So when childhood crush, Sam, offers her a one week only role of pretending to be his ‘serious’ girlfriend in exchange for three months waived lease, Vee is sorely tempted. But saying yes to fake girlfriend means she might not be able to say no to real passion. Someone’s going to get their heart broken…



Jennifer's Review:


Ahhh this story is so amazing. Break Your Heart is such a heart-warming story. This is obviously part of a series, but can be read as a stand-alone. I read it as a stand-alone without having read the other books and did not feel it took away from the story. This book is set in New Zealand so be prepared if you are not from there for some cultural things that will be new.

I love stories that have fake relationships within them. They always seem to produce the best situations along with some overwhelming feelings. This book was no exception. The book was set up perfectly. The two characters had a history so their story was more believable. The plot of this book was perfect.

Sam was a little annoying at first for me. I thought he could be immature at times and didn’t really like his attitude. He grew on me though. Like really grew on me. He is like that annoying song you can’t stand at first but by the following week you are turning it up and singing every single word. Vee, on the other hand, was my favorite from the beginning. I was already soft on her because she’s a single mom. That always gets to me, but her willingness to be so selfless really spoke to me.

The heat in this book is off the charts. Each character has their own motivations behind their actions, but when they come together, the reaction is combustible. I had to fan myself a couple times throughout this book. Theses character definitely have chemistry

The writing style of this book was good. The pace of the book was steady. I had some trouble with the language, but the author gave a dictionary in the beginning which helped. The only reason I didn’t rate this story a 5 was because I felt there was something small missing. With that being said, I liked the story.

Overall, this story entertained me. I have to say that ending was a shocker. I didn’t expect all of that to go on. I really liked the realistic touches put on this story. It is obvious that the author either researched or has had similar experiences. I would recommend this book to others.


Star Ratings:
Plot: 5/5
Characters: 5/5
Heat: 5/5
Writing Style: 4/5
Overall: 4/5



No comments:

Post a Comment