Friday, June 29, 2018

REVIEW - Refuse to Lose - Alison Mello

38313004

Title: Refuse to Lose

Author: Alison Mello

 

About Refuse to Lose:


I thought I was helping a friend, but instead I only managed to get myself in a heap of trouble which left me with two options. Coach little league as part of community service…or face jail time. 


So here I am…coaching little league, a project I wasn’t looking forward to—that’s until I see Stella at the field with her son. Unfortunately for me it takes a lot longer than I’d hoped for her to give me the time of day.

Yet, now that I’ve caught her attention, things are much more complicated than I thought. Who knew juggling a struggling friend, community service, a team bully and a girlfriend would be this hard?

But I won’t let it get me down. Someone once told me the secret to success, and come hell or high water I’ll show everyone around me that I…

…refuse to lose.

Our Review:

Refuse to Lose is the first book in the Coach’s Love series, this wasn’t just a 2nd chance love story it told a story of loss, friendships and how working together as team can make you stronger.

Trystan made a choice, the lesser of 2 evils and paid the price. Being told he had to become the Baseball coach for a bunch of 11-year-old boys was not what he had in mind but going to jail wasn’t either. Stella made a choice for herself and for her son, she needed to feel safe and make a life for the 2 of them, she pointed her car in West Virginia’s direction and everything else just fell into place.

Stella is a strong independent woman who hasn’t given up, packing up her life as she knew it and moving away with only a few possessions, in my mind makes her strong and courageous. She continued her strength through out the book making it known she wasn’t a push over. Trystan is a loyal friend putting others first even though it will hurt him in the long run. He stands by his motto ‘Refuse to Lose’.

For months they smiled and had a mutual attraction, then finally after being brought together they never parted. Their chemistry was undeniable and they had an easy flow relationship which made you want to add them to your #relationshipgoals board.

This was my first Alison Mello novel and she hit it out of the park. Refuse to Lose was written with so much thought, it brought up issues that are very current that as a parent you struggle to deal with. The easy flow between Stella and Trystan’s point of view was on point and made me feel like I was part of the ‘mom squad’.

I personally loved this book, I cannot wait to read the next book in the series Hustle and Heart, which I can only assume is picking up the story of one of Trystan’s friends/work colleagues. I hope I don’t have to wait too long.



Star Ratings;
Plot: 5/5
Characters: 5/5
Heat: 5/5
Writing Style: 5/5
Overall: 5/5






No comments:

Post a Comment