Thursday, July 19, 2018

REVIEW - Formative - Maria Macdonald




TITLE - Formative
AUTHOR - Maria Macdonald





BLURB:

I’m told if you love someone you should let them go. Nobody tells you that doing so will break your soul in half. 
My life was easy when I had the college boyfriend who ticked all the right boxes. The night I laid eyes on Enoch Carter everything changed. 
I thought I was doing the right thing. Now I know I was wrong. I don’t know how to retrace my steps, how to repair the distance, fix the mess I made.
I never meant to fall in love. 

I stayed away because she was off limits. I broke the code, then left her bed without a backward glance. 
All the black marks on my heart would make her dirty and I won’t allow that. 
Friendship is all I can offer. Even if she doesn’t want my friendship, she needs it now more than ever. 
I shouldn’t love her. 
I can’t love her.
I won’t.



Johnaka's Review:


“Unlikely love, 5 stars”


Enoch never saw Morgan coming. He knew who she was but when he met her he didn’t expect for her to be so much more than he expected. Morgan was kind of having an identity crisis and was floating, until Enoch. These two don’t have an easy or smooth ride. Formative has so many twists and turns that sometimes you wonder which way is up.

Morgan goes through all the emotions and through it all Enoch is there in some way pulling her back. These two really have an uphill battle to fight in order to get their happily ever after. Will they make it? Or will the past prevent these two from getting what they really deserve?

I liked these two as induvial, but I loved them together. Enoch screams alpha, but he knows how to be soft for Morgan. She is his weak spot. Morgan is fully of sugar and spice. In Formative you also see previous couples from the Deliverance series who just help round out this couple’s story. Its easy for me to say that so far this is my favorite couple by Macdonald.


Star Ratings:
Plot-5/5
Characters-5/5
Heat-5/5
Writing style-5/5
Overall-5/5



No comments:

Post a Comment