Wednesday, July 11, 2018

REVIEW - Royal Rogue - Jessica Peterson





TITLE - Royal Rogue
AUTHOR - Jessica Peterson







Blurb:



Dear Jane,

You’re a princess. I’m a thief. This isn’t a Disney movie. We never had a chance in hell of a happy ending. But I still wish I could have given you one.

When we met, I had you pegged as a snob. All polo and private jets. But you turned out to be the exact opposite. I fell for you the first day we met.

I lied to you about a lot of things. I don’t expect or deserve your forgiveness. You’re too good for me. But I was always honest about my feelings for you.

I hope you’ll find true happiness one day. That’s the only way I’ll ever be happy—knowing you’re okay.

I’m sorry—

Charlie

PS—don’t let your blackjack game go to crap. Practice it every day, all right?

A STANDALONE Royal Romance!




Jennifer's Review:



Another good royal novel. Royal Rogue is another good book by Jessica Peterson. This book is a part of a series, but can be read as a stand-alone. You will see characters from the first two books in this one, but it doesn’t take away from the story. This book is a good romance novel.

I was waiting on Princess Jane’s book. I liked her from the other two and I really wanted her to find her happy ending. Especially since her past was tainted. This story is about a thief conning his biggest mark yet, the princess. As we know from most romance novels, things will not go as planned. Will their growing companionship change the thief’s ways? Only time will tell.

Jane is such a sweet character. I loved getting to know her better. She has a wild side to her as well, but I loved how big her heart is. I also love her courage. After her tempestuous past, it takes guts to start anew and learn to trust again. Charlie is a special character. At first, you want to dislike him. He is a thief after all. Then you get to know him and you see him in a different light. I won’t lie. It took me a long time to warm up to him, but once I did, it was worth it.

Oh my goodness. Let’s talk about heat shall we? The heat in this book was sizzling hot. I could not believe some of the down and dirty things these characters got up to. With that being said, I only scored this area a 4 because I was disappointed that everything happened so quickly. I felt like things should have had a little more build up.

The writing style of this book was good. The pace was a little quick for me, but I enjoyed it nonetheless. The characters were endearing. I loved that we were able to see more of Jack. He is such a sweet character. I also loved that we got to check in on the other couples.

Overall, this was a good book. I still like the first book the best, but this book was still enjoyable. If you like royal romances, this book would work for you. It has enough of the royalty aspect to give you that fairytale feel while also seeming more like real life. I liked that it was somewhat relatable. 



Star Ratings:
Plot: 4/5
Characters: 4/5
Heat: 4/5
Writing Style: 4/5
Overall: 4/5






No comments:

Post a Comment