Friday, June 1, 2018

REVIEW - Afternoon Delight - Piper Rayne

39928267

TITLE - Afternoon Delight
SERIES: Charity Case #2
AUTHOR - Piper Rayne







Blurb:


The perfect man for me is the one who broke my heart. #thanksbutnothanks

Once bitten.
Twice shy.
Yeah, I wish.

I'm on a mission to find myself a nice, solid, respectable man. The only problem is nice, solid, and respectable comes in a meh package and is B-O-R-I-N-G as hell.

It's been established. I have one type. Bad Boy. I tried the other flavors, I really did. But there's nothing like the allure of a man who takes what he wants without apology. 

As if my love life isn't dramatic enough, Dean Bennett walks into my life again thinking he's going to win me back with his charm and charisma. He might come in a different package, but under that expensive suit he's still the same cocky, arrogant, pompous prick who only cares about numero uno. 

I'm not that naïve young girl anymore so I have to ignore the fact that the way he looks at me practically sets my panties on fire.

Everyone deserves a second chance to right a wrong. The problem? He's not just an ex-boyfriend…

He's my ex-husband.




Johnaka's Review:


“If it failed once will it fail again? 5 stars”

Dean and Chelsea’s marriage went up in flames. They were young and took some hard hits they didn’t know how to deal with. Now they are a little older, a little wiser, and for some reason still in love with I each other. Or at least Dean still loves Chelsea, if she loves him or not is still up in the air. Dean has finally picked up the wreckage he caused in his younger years and is ready to get his woman back. Only now Chelsea is jaded, will she give him the time of day or push him away for good?
I was instantly intrigued and then sucked into Afternoon Delight. I liked how it was a second chance romance, they are kind of my jam, but I loved how this one was just a little different. These two didn’t split because of reasons you normally see in books, so it was refreshing. My heart hurt for both characters at time and I loved how they came back fighting.
Dean is one of those guys who knows what he wants and wont stop until he gets it and I love that in a hero. He has alpha tendencies but also realizes that his woman is fully capable of taking care of herself.  They worked so well together, and I really wanted them to come out on the other side. Afternoon Delight may go down as my favorite Piper Rayne second chance story.
Plot-5/5
Characters-5/5
Heat-5/5
Writing style-5/5
Overall-5/5






No comments:

Post a Comment