Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Review: Beauty from Pain


Beauty from Pain
Beauty from Pain by Georgia Cates

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



This book was excellent. I wasn't expecting to get quite so gripped by it but I was.
Another dominant, millionaire, gorgeous male lead chasing a down to earth regular lead female. I don't get too over excited as there is a lot of these types of books about at the moment but this was different. Firstly set in Australia, which is different for me to read. Lachlan/Jack's background in wine and vineyards was also different and made a nice background. I really enjoyed the dual pov you got to see how things were felt from both perspectives rather than just guessing how the other one felt, which helped as time progressed and their feelings for each other changed. Laurelyn was a great lead, funny and quirky but also could be feisty. She wasn't annoying or whiney like some lead females. Lachlan was a bit big headed but I'll let him have that as he obviously earned it. Plenty of hot scenes and affectionate ones too. The ending was killer, I was totally gripped and couldn't stop reading and then the massive cliffhanger. Arghh got to read the next one now!!!



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment