Friday, March 28, 2014

Review: Wither


Wither
Wither by Lauren DeStefano

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



This was one of those surprisingly good books, I read a few chapters not really knowing what to expect. I hadn't read many dystopia genre books and wasn't sure if it was something I would like but I needed something new and decided to pursue this book. It started off quite fast paced, Rhine, the lead in this story explains what has happened to her world and life and how she lives now after things have changed quite dramatically since experiments have now limited the life span of humans to 25 years for Males and 20 years for females. Thus leading to a pretty crazed existence for most. Young girls are being kidnapped and sold to Men for the purpose of creating more children and this is what happens to Rhine. You follow her journey from the kidnapping to her new life as a bride. So that's when it all starts you learn she is one of 3 brides and you meet the new husband and his father. It slows down from then on but not so that it's boring just so you can fully understand the characters. You want to hate Linden, Rhine's new husband but he's actually quite endearing in an annoying way and I felt bad for actually wanting Rhine to love him back. Time is always the biggest factor looming over their heads and you get to see how they all deal with this. There is a lot of emotion in this story and makes for quite a rocky road of reading. The ending you see coming but I kind of hoped it wouldn't happen but now it has I really don't know what to expect. Very good, unique story full of emotion. Can't wait to read the next one.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment