Thursday, March 27, 2014

Review: Consequences


Consequences
Consequences by Aleatha Romig

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



Well, that was an incredible amount of book to read before getting to the amazing ending.
Where to start. Well I liked the start and was expecting something different. It was up and down and I had to pay attention to grasp what had happened. I liked the darkness and shock factor so was quite excited. Firstly I realised you were seeing the psychological torment Anthony was inflicting on Claire not really the physical. There was no sex scenes a few choice sentances but no action really. A lot was implied but not confirmed which was good because it kept you guessing. Yet it was also annoying as I like to read all about it not just guess. So apart from a few actions in a few scenes you never really read what he was doing to her. The book progresses through time very slowly. I have to admit, for a long time the slowness was actually killing me. The masses of details over the most pointless of things was tedious and I found myself skimming A LOT. The inner monologue was of course needed to show how Claire had changed and where her mind was, how she dealt with things, but that also was very long winded. Of course when I got to the end I realised the huge importance of all of the page filling stuff, long winded but vitally important to the outcome of the story. The writing was amazingly well done and made it very easy to understand how everything had come to pass. The genious thought behind the story was amazing. Everything was covered and thought of in advance.
It was all worth it for the amazing climax, brilliant. Actually not my usual sort of story but I loved it and have to read the next one now!!



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment