Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Review: World After


World After
World After by Susan Ee

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



I was incredibly lucky to be a first reads winner of this book.
WOW I'm actually speechless (for once). Well, I got over it quick enough. Thousands of questions are buzzing through my brain and the only thing I can think of is: I was lucky enough to read this book early, which means I have even longer to wait for the next book. Arghhhhhh
Anyway, amazing full on, non stop action in the second part to Penryn & the End of Days series.
Unfortunatly I can't say too much about what goes on without giving it away and to be honest if I was reading the reviews of this book, I wouldn't want someone giving stuff away. I would want to experience it for myself as it's the 2nd in a series.
So, from the beginning where it takes off immediatly after book 1 finishes, it heads straight back in to the action. The one thing I have learnt of these two books is there is no slow or boring, page skimming parts. There is always some intense action going on.
Of course Penryn now has her family complete, yet now she has no Raffe. They head to the resistance camp and wait it out there a bit. Always new problems arrise for Penryn from her (new and I'm not sure 'improved' is the correct word) sister to using the archangel sword she kind of inherited and what's comes of that.
Now I have to point out that the romantic-slushie-stuff-lover part of me was kind of frustrated (not disappointed) just frustrated. I loved the action and drama but I also loved the strange relationship developing between Penryn and Raffe in the first book. I have to point out there is a huge wait to get that fix. Pretty much 3/4's of the book before we see Raffe again. It's totally worth the wait though.
This second book is very gritty and no holds barred again, which I loved. There's no pretty stuff in this book, very graphic details. Would make a very gross but amazing film!
A perfect continuation to the series and a lot of openings for more exciting stuff for the next parts.
Loved it. 5 huge stars!



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment