Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Review: Angel


Angel
Angel by L.A. Weatherly

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



Ok, so this review will be hard as I'm not 100% sure how I feel about this book. I had it on my 'to-read' list for ages but decided to give it a go when it became free on iBooks store.
It wasn't a particularly quick read, I would read then take a break then go back a day or 2 later. Not really a good sign for me. I still can't put my finger on why. I love any Angel stories, always have. They are probably one of my favourite topics. Yet I still felt like something was missing. The main characters, Willow and Alex were likeable yet slightly lacking. Their relationship was obvious but I was still glad when they got together. They had a strong connection and it felt good reading about them. I think one of the things that bothered me was how 'young' it felt. I love ya books and always have yet for some reason I felt there was something young about their relationship that bothered me. Like it was lacking something. I know that's a very poor explanation but I really can't seem to put in to words what was missing in this book. The angel story part of the book was very clever and a totally new twist on the angel background. I enjoyed that and also the AK team aspect. The writing was also flawless and very easy reading. I will read the next book as I want to know what the future holds for Willow and Alex but I still can't get over enthusiastic about this book. 3 stars.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment