Friday, March 28, 2014

Review: Surrender Yourself


Surrender Yourself
Surrender Yourself by Evie Blake

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



***I received this book as part of the first reads***

I'm still a little lost on what I really feel about his book. It's quite different from most things I have read before and that is definitely not a bad thing.
It's split between 2 POV's and also 2 different time eras. Valentina, is the character in the present time. We find her completely lost and devastated after the loss of her fiancé Theo and trying to decide where to go and what to do next. Her friend gives her the opportunity she needs, a leading magazine in the US want a photographer for a shoot. She also can stay with her friend. So she makes the move. Then it's about her finding herself and exploring her desires.
The other POV is Valentina's mother Tina. We are seeing some episodes of her life showing a brief and steamy affair she had with a cellist in Berlin. Everything that happened and afterwards has led to something bigger.
I don't want to give too much away and ruin the story. The writing is incredible and the detail gone in to this book has such an impact. So it was a really great read. There was a lot to take in and I felt I needed to pay attention but it was definitely an impressive read. 3.5 stars



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment