Friday, March 28, 2014

Review: The Golden Locket


The Golden Locket
The Golden Locket by Primula Bond

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



***I won this book on a first reads.***

This is book 2 in the Unbreakable trilogy, and follows straight off after The Silver Chain book 1. I felt there was a great deal of difference between this book and The Silver Chain for so many reasons. Good and bad differences. Although this book leads straight on, where you find Gustav and Serena in New York pursuing her up and coming photography career and Gustav's already lucrative business over there. Everything seems to take a much different pace from book 1. For starters we don't really see all that much of Gustav in this book as it focuses far more on Serena's career and her client base. Extremely wealthy clients who have seen her work and know she favours being a somewhat sexual voyeur. Therefore her clients seem to have a lot of compromising propositions for her. So were really seeing a glimpse of some wealthy and kinky clients through Serena's exceedingly aroused and desperate to experiment, eyes.
This is all good and some really hot and explicit scenes, which are written really well. I must admit I find I'm not as keen on Serena as I was in the first book. She seems very full of herself and never doubts her affect on others. She's crazy in love with Gustav, yet is constantly putting herself in the line of fire with her abundantly hard to control desires. She always seems to be in situations out of her control and I find it gets a little bit too unrealistic after a while.
We also have the addiction of Pierre, Gustav's younger brother in this book. Who is the younger, more risky and carefree version of Gustav. Who it seems to also have fallen under Serena's spell. I can't say much more about him without giving too much away.
Luckily on the plus side in this book, the really repetitive and ridiculous pet names have disappeared from Gustav's vocabulary. Maybe because he's not in this one as much or maybe because it was seen to be annoying, I'm not sure. But it's much better.
So on the whole, great storyline. Great writing. The characters are warming on me (when Serena's in check) and the hotness rates high! Left on a cliffhanger again as it was in book 1. So I'm excited for book 3. 3.5 stars.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment