Thursday, March 27, 2014

Review: This Man


This Man
This Man by Jodi Ellen Malpas

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



This book, definitely falls into a category of 'I wish I had read this sooner' for me.
I had this book for so long and just never felt the urge to read it. No idea why. I think, I thought it was another book trying to be Fifty Shades Of Grey. How wrong I was.
It didn't help that when I went to read some reviews they were very up and down in opinion of this book, mostly down. Yet I decided to ignore them and make my own opinion, I'm glad I did.
Right from the start I knew I would enjoy it. The characters were all likeable and not fake which is a great start. Set in London which is a nice change. Great writing style. This all made for a great read.
So to the story, A 26 year old successful, interior designer being requested to work some of her magic on a country Manor house. Expecting a stuck up, old owner, Eva is surprised with what she really gets. Jesse, a 30 something (She thinks) absolutely gorgeous god with a naughty, determined glinting his eye.
So begins a tumultuous relationship (ish) between them. It's fast paced and jam packed full of twists and turns. Lots of secrets and edge-of-seat moments. I was gripped through every page, and had to hot foot it to get book 2 after the massive ending of book 1 leaving me groaning for the next part.
Some parts were a bit of a mystery, the reader may pick up on the clues or just get engrossed in the story. I picked up some parts and guessed some of it but not in a predictable way I just love guessing the hidden secrets.
One annoying factor is the use of the word 'sludgy' that word is bizarre and used far too often. I have never heard that word used with green eyes. Odd!!
Amazing story full of intense attraction and chemistry. Can't wait for book 2.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment