Friday, March 28, 2014

Review: Haven of Obedience


Haven of Obedience
Haven of Obedience by Marina Anderson

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



Weird moment. I meant to click on send sample. I clicked on one click buy. So I ended up with this book. I thought as I purchased it I may as well read it. Glad I did, I actually really enjoyed it and finished it the same day. I loved the idea of there being an actual place that would teach naturally dominant (through their profession and work) men and women, how to try and become somewhat more obedient and for some of them more submissive. Thus improving their sex lives and future/present relationships. So, fantastic background. Lots of naughty scenes but all done incredibly well with lots of details and imagination. I love pretty much everything about it, apart from the main character Natalie. She was a very successful and driven professional woman. She excelled in many things, except relationships. She was too controlling in bed and it put men off her. Her friend had, had the same problem and went to 'The Haven' it helped her incredibly and changed her life. So now Natalie is on her way there to do 2 weekends at The Haven. The reason I wasn't too keen on Natalie was because, I found her far too cold and wooden. She didn't appear to have much of a personality.i know she was supposed to show that her job had made her controlling and serious but she went too far beyond that. She improved somewhat as she went through her training and loosened up but was still quite irritating. Shame really as apart from that everyone else was really good. I sometimes felt there was a few things that made it appear a little dated, but that could of just been me. Otherwise a potentially excellent book. 3.5 stars.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment