Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Review: The Golden Lily


The Golden Lily
The Golden Lily by Richelle Mead

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



Well, I zipped through this book, even forgetting to mark it as read in my haste to get on to the 3rd book in the series.
I absolutely loved this book. After a slow start to Bloodlines which progressed into a really great read, I was excited to get on to The Golden Lily. It kicked straight into the action and had quite a lot of exciting storylines going on at once, lots to think about and make guesses at. I really enjoyed the natural magic part in the book, that aspect of Sydneys life was full of learning and intrigue, something different from the Moroi magic generally used in all of the VA books. I liked how it gave Sydney a different sort of power and purpose from everyone else and from the Alchemists. Speaking of which, seeing Sydney slowly get more ballsy and move away from the forced life she has known forever is great, she's getting a mind of her own and is becoming a much better character for it. I'm really backing her now and to be honest i think I'm being fair in saying a lot of it is down to a certain gorgeous, incorrigable Moroi vampire who has a lot of good influence over Sydney. Annoyingly she still fights her attraction to him, even to the point of being quite cruel at the end but it's just the way she is. I'm hoping that will change in the next installment!!



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment